“cheap”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

all you can eat for very little money and great food well cooked clean and well kept restaurant bar prices a bit stiff but you can always drink water

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent value for money in nice restaurant surroundings. A La Carte menue, good choices and well presented

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We eat here at least 5 times each month , have the lunch-time carvery , and have never failed to be completely satisfied with the food , the hospitality and the service we receive , full marks !!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

we eat here about five times each month, and for the price we pay they provide excellent value for money. For less than ten pounds for two carveries, and considering the good selection of vegetables on offer, we do not think this can be surpassed for value and most importantly for the level of service provided. we would mark this establishment 10/10

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've been to the restaurant at the Oaklands many times and really enjoyed my meal but today the beef was overcooked and tough, the service was very very slow, even though there were only a few customers in there eating. To crown it all, after the meal, I asked for coffee with cream and got a pot of cream that was so thick you could not pour it. I took it back and was then given lumpy cream - obviously the lot I returned diluted with water!!!! Yuk. The fella at the bar could not have been more helpful, so thank you to him - the only highlight of the meal. When I went to pay I told the lady at the till how disappointed my friend and I had been, but she wasn't interested. It will be a long time before I venture back again, and I really wish I hadn't recommended it to someone only last night!