“Chaotic cramped but somehow it all works.”
Review of No.33 Cafe Bar

No.33 Cafe Bar
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Norwich
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: No 33 is a small independent cafe located in the heart of Norwich on Exchange Street. We serve great coffee, hearty breakfasts, freshly prepared lunches and delicious homemade cakes in a relaxed and friendly environment.
“Chaotic cramped but somehow it all works.”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This café is cramped and noisy. The service is well meaning but eccentric and you have to queue at the narrow doorway to wait for a table. And yet it all seems to work to the extent that once you are seated at the, quite frankly uncomfortable seats, you just settle down and relax. The food, from a simple menu, is excellent, as is the coffee (the best in Norwich we have found since our return to the City to date).

Thoroughly recommended, but don’t go there when I want to go otherwise I’ll be queuing behind you!

“Just perfect...”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed a vist here alone..newspapers, great warm atmosphere and fantastic food. Eggs benedict highly recommended! Staff were friendly and the choice of cake is just fantastic! Excellent value for money, cake and portion size is very large given the proce. Lovely way to spend a morning... Can never get in at lunch time though as there have always been queues! Can't wait to visit again...

Norwich, United Kingdom
“The best cake in the City!”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Over the years I think I've tried most of the cafes and coffee shops in the fine city of Norwich, and without a doubt No. 33 does the best home made cakes. There aren't words to describe their loveliness. They do great panini's and an amazing full english breakfast...in fact I've never had a bad meal/snack there. The staff are great too! The only down side is that it is very small and you often have to wait for a table, not uncommon for there to be a queue out the door (but they do takeaway too!)

I went in yesterday and had a slice of bakewell cake and a pot of earl grey tea - it didn't disappoint, absolutely delicious! I enviously eyed up my Mums white chocolate & raspberry cake too!

Norwich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cafe in Norwich”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I love this place. Whenever we are in Norwich and looking to stop for coffee, almost without fail we end up here despite looking for other places to try. Whether it is coffee and cakes, which by the way are always tasty, or a more substantial meal, food and service is always excellent. It has a great atmosphere and staff are always friendly and accomodating. May have to pop in this weekend for a huge slice of cake!

• Visited August 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Always Brilliant!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is my absolute favourite place to eat in Norwich. Breakfasts are lovely and there is so much to choose from! ( not to mention they are available all day long) I always opt for the muesli sundae with fresh berries and yoghurt whilst my partner goes for the eggs benedict. Lunches are equally as tasty and there are always daily specials! Coffees are delicious and the loose leaf tea is a winner! Do not even get me started on the cake....the biggest selection of home made cakes I have ever seen in a cafe. The staff are always cheerful and friendly and the cafe is so reasonably priced. ( we had 3 meals, 3 drinks and 2 cakes for under £30!) I really love it here....please go!!!