“Good, but there's a lot of excellent competition.”
Review of No.33 Cafe Bar

No.33 Cafe Bar
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Norwich
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: No 33 is a small independent cafe located in the heart of Norwich on Exchange Street. We serve great coffee, hearty breakfasts, freshly prepared lunches and delicious homemade cakes in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been here a few times over the years and it's a very cafe and does excellent cake, but it doesn't stand out from he crowd in Norwich! There's a lot of very good cafes in the city (ever more it seems!), and while this place is good, it's no better than many of the others (maybe we're just very lucky in Norwich?)

heathgate, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I 100% agree that there are many lovely independent cafés in Norwich, of which we strive to be one of. We will definitely take your feedback on board .

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for No.33 Cafe Bar

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Been here once for lunch when recommended by a friend and it didn't disappoint. Lovely cosy atmosphere and delicious smells. Loved the interior too. Had a lovely meal and it was so tasty and filling. Well worth the money and will definitely revisit.

Thank you so much for your kind review, we're very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to No 33. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had been wanting to try this café for a very long time after seeing everyone's pictures on Instagram of food and people recommending it to me, but from my visit today I was a little disappointed. I felt like the waitress was rushing us and despite the food looking delicious, it really wasn't all that. I had the pancakes, but they were dry and the fruit wasn't fresh. It also said they came with maple syrup, but I literally had a dribble on there, so I asked for more, which I had to get up from my seat to ask for because the waitresses were so busy, I was charged an extra 40p, which was fine, but I just felt they were a little stingy with it. No one came back to check on our food, and no one asked us how it was when they cleared our plates. Overall, not a good experience. I think I will try this café again, but definitely not at the weekend and only for cake and coffee in the future.

Thank you for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that your experience of No 33 didn't meet your expectations. I will pass the feedback onto the kitchen and waiting staff so that we can remedy these issues in the future.
We do get very busy at times but we always always try to maintain customer service standards. Obviously we fell short on this occasion; I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for this and give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been here a handful of times for brunch/lunch. Always a pleasure - the food is so yummy, my favourite is their Eggs Benedict and the Chai Latte is out of this world! On top of this they have an array of lovely cakes, we usually buy a slice to takeaway and they are so light and delicious. The only down side is the popularity - the queues can be long (but it's worth it!).

heathgate, Manager at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review, reading it has put a big smile on our faces. We appreciate it so much when customers take the time to offer their feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nichola :)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

There is just something pretty special about this Cafe that draws me to it every other weekend!!! The breakfasts are great, I always have the Eggs Benedict and I can't fault it. I keep meaning to go back for Cake one afternoon as they look pretty awesome but there is always a queue half way down the road!!! If you are lucky enough to get a table you will not be disappointed!

heathgate, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review, it is so lovely to receive such glowing feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon, perhaps for that slice of cake? Often the queues appear worse than they are (a downside of having no waiting area) they usually go down pretty quickly.

Thanks again