“The cakes are really homemade”
Review of No.33 Cafe Bar

No.33 Cafe Bar
Ranked #22 of 900 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: No 33 is a small independent cafe located in the heart of Norwich on Exchange Street. We serve great coffee, hearty breakfasts, freshly prepared lunches and delicious homemade cakes in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Had to wait for a table at 10.00am on Sunday would have been there earlier but website said 10.00 for opening but it is 09.30 on the door. The first thing you see are all the cakes on the counter in display boxes. They are obviously home made but I think that a label explaining the flavour would help. We went for breakfast and the menu was varied and interesting. I had the posh sausage sandwich and my daughter had the American pancakes and her friend the guacamole and poached eggs. All of the plates were full and attractive. It was the authentic depth of the American pancakes that caught my attention because it is rare that the brits recreate the American pancake. It is good value for money and there is an upstairs seating area as well but still always a queue for seats which speaks volumes.

Brendan C, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. Apologies for the confusion over the opening times. The 0930 opening on Sundays is something we have decided to trial, the idea being that it will alleviate the queuing later on. I take your point though, whilst we did advertise the change on social media and on the door, I must admit that we forgot to make the adjustment on the website. I will get on to that now! Thanks again and hope to see you again soon

Thanks

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Four of us ate here today to celebrate a relatives birthday. On arrival it was obvious this is a very popular spot to eat due to the many customers inside and the wait we had. I say wait, after being told it would be approx 15 mins, we were seated within 10 mins. Whilst waiting I noticed that the tables were close together near to where people were standing to be seated and was ust hoping that we were not offered one of these tables as I would have refused it.

Fortunately, we were taken further into the cafe and sat at a pleasant table. The food was excellent, well presented with no complaints. The service was good also.

My only other criticism would be, some of our relatives felt that the waiting staff were hovering too much, looking over to see if we had finished which made us on edge to jhurry up , pay and leave, due to more customers having to wait for tables to be cleared.

When going anywhere to eat we are paying customers and like to relax and enjoy our food.

Would certainly return and highly recommend.

1  Thank Yvonne T
Brendan C, Manager at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We are really glad you enjoyed your visit. I do appreciate that the tables at the front can feel over-crowded when there are people queuing at the front for tables so we would absolutely understand if customers would rather sit elsewhere. We always like to offer customers a choice of where to sit whenever we can. Please be assured that the 'hovering waitress' effect was not intentional. Because we can't see the back tables from the front of the café, we do have to make frequent trips up and down the café to ensure our customers needs are met. I promise this isn't because we are trying to rush people. My apologies if you were made to feel this way.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Be prepared to wait for a table, but it's worth it. Posh mushrooms on toast, fish finger ciabatta and the Mac cheese are my highlights. Prompt service, delicious food!

Thank you so much for your review. It's always great to hear from happy customers

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Have been here many times over the years and whilst the staff has changed the food remains very good. Bacon sandwich remains our favourite but they do serve a wide range of other choices. It gets busy but worth a visit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It really is appreciated and great to hear that you have enjoyed your visits to No 33 over the years.

Thanks again

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We visited here yesterday morning for breakfast and my goodness was it tasty!!!
We had a full English breakfast and the pancakes ( which were one of the most tastiest dishes ever)
The service was great and could not fault a thing!

Thank you so much for your review, it put a huge smile on our faces! So great to hear from happy customers!