This was an unexpected delight! - Beautiful stylish contemporary interiors in a historic georgian building situated in the heart of Norwich with a warm and friendly welcome and great food and service - what more can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 38 St Giles is a grand house with a long and interesting history. It was built in 1700 for the Gurney family and became home to the former Lord Mayor of Norwich. Its neatly tucked-away entrance just off St Giles Street creates an intimacy and privacy that is unrivalled. We are the most centrally located boutique accommodation in Norwich, a stone's throw from the largest outdoor covered marketplace in the UK and adjacent to 'the lanes' - one of the oldest parts of this fine city and an area of national repute boasting well over 200 independent retailers of fashion, food and just about anything else that you might wish to buy. Inside the main entrance we have a grand staircase from which most of the bedrooms are accessed. From our wonderful double rooms to our two large suites you will be surrounded in comfort and a sense of history. We have chosen an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary pieces of furniture & artefacts, sumptuous throws, cushions and rugs. Our bathrooms feature oversized walk-in showers and rain shower heads, several rooms also have baths. White, fluffy towels and a range of quality toiletries help ensure that your morning ablutions are a positive experience! In selecting our bedding we have chosen simply embroidered 400 thread count white Egyptian cotton (not easy to iron but wonderful next to the skin) with goose down and feather pillows and duvets. Homemade cakes are served on arrival with a choice of teas or our specially blended and locally roasted coffee. We bake our own bread, make our own preserves and source all of our ingredients from the best local suppliers. No corners are cut in attempting to provide you with a relaxing, comfortable and memorable stay. We are happy to cater for small wedding parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other group bookings. We can even create a special meal with fine wines and champagne on arrival for that extra special treat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 38 St Giles Boutique Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 38 St Giles Hotel Norwich
- 38 St Giles Boutique Bed & Breakfast Norwich, Norfolk