“Good value, good food.”

Giggling Squid Norwich
Ranked #142 of 902 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Our Giggling Squid in Norwich is probably our grandest and biggest to date. We thought “we’ve made it – the cathedral is our neighbour!” If you know Tombland, it’s the lovely, large Grade II listed building right in the centre with the stained glass windows. Of course we loved it straight away (who wouldn’t?) but it was a challenge to make it feel cosy. I baffled the builders by asking them to help me re-create a pergola. Something to surprise guests with, and also to create a sub-space within a big space. They thought I’d really gone mad when I started weaving flowers through it! Feedback from our guests has been lovely, and the builders are eating their words.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

This was good value for lunch. Good food, good flavours .
Not a special night out , more casual, but good for groups and families.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Dined at 8pm, great service (3 waitresses)great prawns, decent wine, relaxed atmosphere and reasonable price.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Enjoyed a really good thai meal. We had booked ahead and were placed right next to the cash register and kitchen, but were moved when we requested a better table ( the restaurant was maybe half full). Relaxed place , quick service and friendly staff. Seating outdoors possible, but quite close to busy street.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant on several occasions and at different times of the day and I cannot recommend it highly enough. My last visit was an evening and I went all out for the Comfit Duck and wowsers it was delicious. The waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. Best Thai food in town!

1  Thank Mobile364291
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food here every time however the service has really gone down hill. Wanted to change something in child’s meal as my child is a toddler who wouldn’t eat what was on offer he wanted just one main and dessert instead of two mains, we were told by the very rude waitress that this was impossible as it goes through the till as one and they couldn’t possibly find a way to put the dishes through the till separate. Because of this our child had to order a fish he didn’t want and didn’t eat instead of the restaurant switching it for a cheaper dessert option. We get the bill and find the dishes are on the bill separate! Waitress obviously didn’t have a clue!! Time for some new staff here I think