“Central & Convenient, Nice View, Noisy Vehicles!”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Wallasey, England
“Central & Convenient, Nice View, Noisy Vehicles!”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I left the Norwich Train Station at 3.12 and arrived at the Central Hotel at 3.15! My room was in the next annexe (on Chalk Hill Road) and I had a perfect view of the river and of the very busy A147. I should have been given a room without a bathroom (i.e. use of a shared bathroom) but was given en-suite which was a great bonus (as I‘m a non smoker)! The room I have to say was a little on the small side and the bathroom was tiny, and I was given a bigger room than the one I should have been offered (it must have been a broom cupboard!).

My only problem was the shower, bloody freezing as a new thermostat had been fitted that day (19 March). I made the owners aware of the problem and they assured me on the Saturday it had been fixed, it hadn’t! They offered to give me another room but I didn’t take them up on the offer due to the hassle of moving everything.

Breakfast was served between 7am and 9am and consists of eggs, bacon, sausage, beans and tomatoes plus tea and coffee (served in flasks so as many refills as you like), orange juice and cereals, toast, jam and marmalade. A small TV was on in the breakfast room and watching Liverpool beat Aston Villa 5-0 certainly made my day, my week, my month!

The service at breakfast was excellent, I used the last of the milk on my cereal and within 2 minutes it was replaced (without asking). The dining area was immaculate and all the tables set out identically. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

In conclusion for the location it was ideally central (hence the name of the hotel) for the Cathedral, bars, restaurants, shops, riverside walk, train station and cinema. The A147 was noisy but I had no problem sleeping at night and the shower was cold but I was offered and alternative room. Not the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in but it certainly served its purpose.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrew-Hurley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
northants
Reviewed 30 October 2008

This hotel was well placed for the train station.The room we were given had a nice view over the river.The hotel had an overall shabby feel about it and the duvet covers on the bed had stains on them.The one member of staff was very helpful.

• Liked — proximity to station
  • Disliked — dirty duvet covers
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple