“This is an excellent place, really top notch”

Arrandale Lodge Guest House
Ranked #8 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
“This is an excellent place, really top notch”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The lodge is extremely comfortable with 4-5 star fixtures, firings, furniture etc. lovely bathrooms and smellies!

The owners were very hospitable and accommodation. They responded quickly and usefully to emails.

Good location for the university if east anglia and not bad for the city centre.

Parking was good.

Breakfast was outstanding.

Overalls this is wonderful value for money.

One of the best places I have stayed in many years.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Spent just one night at Arrandale Lodge on the recommendation of our contacts in the UEA in Norwich. We were delighted with the warm welcome on arrival, with the clean and comfortable room and the excellent breakfast. The location is also ideal as access to the city centre is easy and exit to the roads/motorways is easy. We have earmarked the Arrandale Lodge for our next trip to Norwich and will pass on the tip for any friends we know visiting Norwich.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time here and the rooms are very nice, comfy beds nice bathrooms free wifi, the hosts are friendly without pestering you which some b&b owners can do. Close to city centre great price and breakfast is fantastic
Highly recommended
Highly

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Leicestershire
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Arrandale Lodge was recommended to us and I must say we were not disappointed at all. we were given a warm welcome from Olga, who was very informative giving us plenty of ideas about where to eat out in the evening. The room we stayed in was lovely, very comfortable and immaculately clean. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and my Husband was even provided with gluten free bread. We stayed here when visiting our daughter who is at the university, which is a short distance away. We will definitely stay here again at a later date.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at Arrandale Lodge for 4 weeks for a business trip to the UEA. Olga and Maurice are such warm, welcoming and helpful people. They gave me tips on restaurants, provided a microwave and fridge so I had the opportunity to have dinner in my room when I was working late, helped me with my laundry, and provided me with an umbrella when summer unexpectedly turned into autumn one day. We had a chat every day during breakfast (which is great), and also in the afternoons as my room was at the ground floor right next to the office. As I was travelling alone, this meant quite a lot to me.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the TV and free WiFi is great as it is quite essential when you're away from home that long. I didn't experience any traffic noise, although the windows where located towards the main road.
The BB was also ideally located for me, as it is within walking distance (15 min) from both the UEA and the city centre (25 min). If you would like to take the bus instead, the stop is just nearby, and the buses are frequent. Also within walking distance (5-10 min) from convenience shops. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Choosing the Arrandale Guest Lodge for my one-night stay in Norwich turned my business trip to the University into a quite unexpected little holiday! When I arrived early after a long trip, Olga sat me down with fresh coffee on a comfortable sofa until my room (twin en suite) was ready. The room was immaculately decorated and cleaned, with all sorts of lovely extra touches, including a bathrobe. The bed was incredibly comfortable; the next morning, after a thoroughly peaceful night, I was offered a tempting range of hot and cold breakfast choices - I can highly recommend Maurice's cheese omelettes. Olga and Maurice really go out of their way to provide a thoroughly professionally managed and yet very warm and welcoming place to stay. In addition, Arrandale is ideally located - right next to the bus route between the rail station, city centre and the University, and a very pleasant 15 minute's stroll to the campus along a wide, tree-lined pavement. Really, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed there when taking our son to university (just down the road). We had the fourposter bedroom which was just perfect for three, although the single bed would probably not suit anyone over 6ft. Safe parking in the drive. The owners couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Substantial cooked breakfast included, if wished. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family