“A gem in the heart of Norwich!”

Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small, intimate restaurant perfectly situated on the oldest lane in Norwich, Bishops Dining Room and Wine Bar is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant and more. Our welcoming, relaxed atmosphere will ensure you and your guests have an experience to treasure.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I must congratulate Alex Tranquillo and his very efficient staff ...especially to Beth.
We were a party of 18 and have just celebrated a private dinner for a very special surprise birthday.
The ambience, food,service and attention to detail was first class.
Nothing was too much trouble for the endless requests we had and it will be remembered as a truly wonderful evening.
Well Done Alex

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Another lunchtime of wonderful food and wine, perfect location for a special lunch at a very sensible price. Alex is a great host but just don't expect to be served quickly!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Like a few other reviews I found the owner quite rude whereas the staff were very attentive. Food was mixed bag. Starters were lacking. My rib eye of beef which I requested blue struggled as it was so thin almost like French Bivette so was never going to be the bizz but have to say flavour of meat was good. Gobsmacked that I could not have a Strega considering Alexandro's heritage and had to have a Jeaneau for which I was charged a tenner. If I had had a good XO I might have expected to pay this but for a lower Liquer it was rip off. Coffee was excellent. Be a while before I grace the door there again.

2  Thank Seamus F
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing and great menu choice. The staff were attentive to our needs and Alex the owner a gent! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The food in Bishops is always incredible! I have been here several times, for special occasions,(and a few times for a glass of prosecco, but not a meal) and it has not yet disappointed...I find the staff attentive, friendly, and polite. I can't understand why some people have found the owner rude? Cultural differences, maybe? He is always unfailingly polite, attentive without being overbearing, and offers suggestions as to what is particularly good on the menu on a given day...and I must admit, he is always right! He convinced me to have the Sea Bream with fennel last week, (I hate fennel, but trusted him) and my god, I have never tasted anything as amazing in my life! It is a small restaurant, and as such quite intimate, so maybe not great for a bigger party of people? I can't recommend this place highly enough...but don't tell everyone...I don't want this little secret gem to become too popular, I want it all to myself!

1  Thank InkyMarlowe