“Top class in a sea of mediocrity.”

Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 901 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small, intimate restaurant perfectly situated on the oldest lane in Norwich, Bishops Dining Room and Wine Bar is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant and more. Our welcoming, relaxed atmosphere will ensure you and your guests have an experience to treasure.
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Superb dinning in a romantic atmosphere, food stunning, excellent wine, champagne cold, staff top draw, proprietor engaging and a very good sense of humour, book early essential. What's not to like? 5 stars all the way for me.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I've eaten here around 15 times and it's my go-to place for a romantic fine-dining meal in Norwich. This time I visted with a group of friends who'd not been before. They were so impressed with the food and atmosphere and Alex's fun, dry humour hosting style that it was the highlight of a great weekend. The food presentation was fab and I think it has upped its game. There is always a good selection of fish here and I went for stone bass. There are sometimes two evening sittings, I'd go for the 9pm one and arrive early for some drinks in the wine bar area and make an evening of it.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was the perfect place for my wife and I to spend our third wedding anniversary. I feel very lucky to live in a city that has many great places to experience fine dining, but this has to be best.
My wife opted for the King Scallops, while I had the Goat's cheese stuffed Arancini. My wife described the scallops as perfect and I enjoyed my arancini, which was a new one on me. For mains my wife opted for the Fillet of beef, I managed to try some and it was mouth wateringly fantastic, fortunately my pork belly managed to keep food envy at bay, the thin layer of fat and the perfect crisp top was the perfect balance, the only criticism is that I could probably have gone again.
We opted not to take wine with the meal but instead bought a bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose and then have a couple of the Norfolk Gin's for after our meal. The butter scotch tart is a definite recommendation, although I enjoyed my mouthful of chocolate fondant.
There was an issue with the card machine not accepting people's cards, so we all gave our details over and the money was taken a couple of days later, so there was no issue made of this. It wasn't a budget night out, it was a little over £200 but very much the perfect way to spend our anniversary.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined here Friday night we have been here too many times to count. We have never been disappointed at all. The location, interior decoration, service, food and ambiance never fail to amaze me. This place is small with only around 24 covers so please book to avoid disappointment. Book a table is a great way to book as it reminds me of my forthcoming reservations.
Another perk if you like cheese, Is that it’s included in the desert price, most people add a supplement for cheese.
There are tablecloths and candles too, so really a beautiful little gem of a place.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food and great service for our friends special birthday celebration on 21st August. Worth the prices for a special treat. Very friendly, attentive staff!! The portion sizes may not be huge but it’s a great excuse to enjoy all 3 courses!! Would recommend!!