“A good place to stay and handy for the station”
Review of Stracey Hotel

Stracey Hotel
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
England
“A good place to stay and handy for the station”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Stracey hotel for 1 night after helping our daughter move into Uni and too tired to drive home. We arrived about 9pm and were able to park in the side street by the hotel until 10am the next morning. I think there is a public car park down the road though. We received a friendly welcome by the man on the desk - I don't know his name but he also served us breakfast in the morning. Our room (21) was on the second floor and although we would stay here again, I would definitely ask for a different room. This was a double bedded room but I think it should only be a single as there is a sloping ceiling on one side of the bed (my side) and I was terrified I was going to knock myself out on it if I got up in the night to use the bathroom and forgot it was there.. I couldn't stand up straight when at that side of the bed. The room and the en-suite shower room were small. There were plenty of drawers but no wardrobe which was ok for just one night. We had a tv and tea/coffee making facilites. The room was warm but a fan was provided. We had a lovely cooked breakfast in the morning in the dining room and you could choose what you would like from a menu. There were cereals, juice, fruit etc too. There were 2 tv's on showing the news and the sound was turned up rather loud for me first thing. This hotel is within walking distance of the train station which would be handy for some. Even though there were a couple of niggles we would stay there again as it was a nice clean hotel.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ipswich UK
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed at the stacey with friends for a weekend get away. The hotel is great, well situated for the train and the riverside. We had two rooms which were clean and well furnished. breakfast was great and staff were very helpful. would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed at the Stracey for 3 nights and found the rooms clean, well decorated and the bathrooms excellent. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was pretty good and best of all, we had free wifi throughout the hotel. The Stracey was very good value and I will stay there again when I travel to Norwich.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We had an excellent stay at the Stracey, which is in a handy location near the train station and within 15 - 20 minutes walk of the central city. It is impeccably clean. The bathroom is well supplied with toiletries. There is free wi-fi in rooms and common areas. The breakfast was conventional but fine. We had no trouble finding parking on the street and the car park at the bottom of the road for long period daytime parking is reasonably priced. The Stracey Hotel is superb value for money and I will definitely try and stay there on return visits to Norwich.

Room Tip: Roads facing Stracey Road get noise from a nearby busy road and from night time activity at the larg...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bluffhill
Bristol, England
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stay here occasionally when working in Norwich, as it is very convenient for the train station and provides an efficient and friendly service. This delivers a quiet, clean, modern service without any of the irritations of some of the larger chains. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed 9th and 10th of july and was really surprised how lovely and friendly and modern the hotel was, its small and compact but really clean and we really enjoyed it! Its not as close to the center as I thought it would be is quite a walk but would definatly stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank hexandhub
norfolk
Reviewed 12 July 2011

A would recommend this hotel, smart / clean and helpfull staff.
The only down side - The bar is closed at 10:45pm, for such a smart bar/lounge area this appears to be an area where the hotel could cash in on very well.
On our return from a local restaurant, to be able to stop at the bar for an hour or so would have been great...im sure other residents have felt the same......A hotel bar would normally stay open for its guest at least in till 12ish..
We would consider other larger hotels close by in future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple