“A little gem.”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
York, United Kingdom
“A little gem.”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I often visit Norwich but have never stayed at this hotel so I gave it a try this weekend. I was really pleased. The room I had was a double with ensuite situated on the second floor. Both the bedroom and the bathroom was very clean, nicely decorated. I had a hospitality tray in the room which was well stocked with tea and coffee plus biscuits. Staff were friendly and helpful. Ir was very good value for money at £50 per night and this included a breakfast. The dining room was large, light and clean. Breakfast was very good. I had a full English and there was also the choice of a continental breakfast which included a substancial number of items. My only compliant was that as it was hot I open the window and it was a bit noisey from revellers walking home from town in the early hours but I could have solved that by closing the window. Very convenient locations within walking distance of the town and riverside area plus the railway station. Parking was convenient around the corner in a lrage open parking area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Middelburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed here on a number of occasions in the last 12 months and have to say it,s a great little B and B. Rooms are spotless, staff are very friendly and the breakfast is excellent. Would certainly use again. Just a shame it does not serve meals during the day.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
northampton
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This really feels more like a bar with rooms but don't let that put you off. the welcome was friendly and the room was great.

Parking was on the street, free but you have to find a space first but we didnt have any problems, arriving with 2 cars at about 7 on a week night.

My room (21 I think) was on the top floor of the old building and, although small with limited head height in some parts of the room and with a very small bathroom, was freshly decorated and had a modern and stylish feel Ideal for a nights stay but, with no wardrobe, might not be suitable for a longer stay or, even though it was a double, for 2 people. it was a very hot night and coming back after dinner the room was stifling and only had a small window, there was a fan however which made sleeping easy.

No food in the evening but the bar is lovely and if the weather is good then there is a nice decking area overlooking the road to sit out and enjoy a pint.

We walked right in the market square in the evening to eat and the walk was lovely and took us about 15 minutes. Norwich is a lovely city to walk around.

For £55.00 this was a great stay and I would definitely use it again next time i'm in town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The Stracey is about a ten minute walk, with luggage, from Norwich Rail Station. Our room was bright and clean and was serviced superbly, every day. The bathroom and toiletries were very good with an easy to work shower.The breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, cereal and a really good full English. Breakfast service was quick and friendly.
However, the best feature was Mary, the receptionist, waitress etc. She was so cheerful and helpful: qualities not always found in city centre hotels. She always had time to direct us to places of interest and restaurants in Norwich.
On her day off ,her replacement was also very helpful.
We would recommend this hotel to couples, friends, solo or business travellers who want friendly, efficient service in a quiet location but close to the city centre and rail station..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank walkerken
Aylesford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at the Stacey Hotel. I was in the area to carry out research into my Mother's family history, and to visit the Peter Beales Rose Festival at nearby Attleborough. The hotel is small but extremely clean, spotless even.The single room was tiny but sufficient for my three night stay, and the breakfast just right for me. Continental breakfast on two mornings and fry up on Sunday. My only gripe was the bed. The mattress was very thin and as firm as a rock. I had difficulty sleeping as the result of lumbar muscle pain only relieved in the morning with Ibuprofen. By chance less than 50yds away was a microbrew pub, and the beer was good. The Coach & Horses was a very busy and very noisy pub. The city centre was ten minutes walk away. Car parking outside the hotel is restricted to two hours only (except for Sundays) but I was told of a car park around the corner. I'd stay at the Stracey again provided I could have a thicker mattress.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here with several old friends this weekend to revisit Norwich. I was impressed with the hotel. My room was an attic one with a sloping roof, which gave it a cosy feel - it was clean, comfortable and quiet. The quality of service was excellent. During my first night I was a little cold and when I mentioned this the next morning, I was immediately supplied with an extra duvet. The full English breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly.
I would definitely stay here again as the location is close to the city and only 5 minutes walk from the train station.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel last night as we fancied a night in Norwich and dinner without having to drive home again. What a lovely hotel, very nice room, very clean and hugely reasonably priced. The breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. The service was impeccable. We would highly recommend this little hotel and would definitely stay there again. The only criticism I have is our room was overlooking the main road and there were no net curtains at the window so it was a bit like sitting in a shop window and when you need to get changed you have to pull the curtains.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple