Stracey Hotel
US$128
Hotels.com
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$196
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$144
  • Pool
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationcity centrestay there againcarrow roadenglish breakfastcar parkbreakfast was excellentsmall hotelpowerful showersingle roomriverside complexconvenient locationclean hotelgood sizelovely hotelsaturday nightstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My friend and i had a great 2 night stay at The Stracey Hotel, it was in an ideal position for everything we wanted. The room was spotlessly clean and light and airey.The staff were very helpful and provided us with information we needed if they could.We were here to go and see Cliff Richard concert at Blickling Hall which was great, also Norwich is agreat place to visit so much to see and do we didn't have time, definately have to come back for another visit staying at The Stracey.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2013

When we arrived our rooms were not ready, we asked if we could get a drink from the bar whilst we waited, but that was also not open, in the end they let us have a coffee, but we were made to feel uncomfortable over it, whilst drinking the coffee, I realised that something was in the coffee I had just drunk... I removed it from my mouth and it was a spider, around the size of a 20pence coin, with stripy legs and everything! Made me question how clean the cups were and why it wasn't seen when making the coffee. Also in our room, the previous people's wet towels were still in the room in the bottom of a cupboard, and there was a massive crack right across the ceiling, we were also disturbed at 3 am by other people in the hotel going into their rooms. The breakfast was nice though, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
StraceyHotel, General Manager at Stracey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Always disappointing receive negative feedback, but I do feel it worthwhile pointing out that the room was not available on arrival at 10-11am because check-in is officially 3pm. Our rooms are very rarely not available by 1pm.

Housekeepers serviced the room first and was available well before midday.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Wow, in 2 minds about telling people how good this hotel is as I want to make sure they have a room for us when we return!
Everything is excellent, room standards, customer service, food and cleanliness.

Very handy for town and station. Only slight downside was stairs as they are steep but not a lot they can do about that and this is only me being picky!

Have booked a return stay and will be back more than once I'm sure.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've stayed here about 8 times now, throughout the year, so feel that I can speak with some authority.

Where to Start? Well, the biggest negative I can think of, is not the fault of the hotel at all - simply, the lack of dedicated parking - there is on-street parking immediately available, (permit parking some times through the day), but with an NCP at the end of Stracey road, that's no big deal.

From that point on, the experience gets better - the Staff are friendly, obliging and very helpful - suitably knowledgeable about the city & amenities.

The rooms are clean and sparkling, all as you would want, en-suite, TV, comfortable beds, Tea & coffee making etc. Windows that open, and in the winter, good heating that works well. Only downside here is that in a couple of the rooms, the ergonomics of the en-suite could be better - the loo is close to a wall or shower unit.

Breakfast is good, plenty of tea, coffee and fruit juices, and if you want cooked, (rather than the continental offer) is cooked to order. (and that includes kippers) I haven't had the dinner, but what I have seen others eating, that has looked and smelled good.

A perfectly adequate bar rounds things off - but note that it does close at 11 - earlier if under employed, so that might impact on plans for a nightcap.

Logistically located a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre / Cathedral; it's an easy walk from the railway station.

Altogether, great value-for-money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My friend and I found the hotel was situated in a 5 min walk from the rail station. The young lady at reception kindly booked our taxi for Blocking Hall , for the following night as we were going to a Cliff Richards concert. She was very helpful . The breakfast was very good and set us up for the day.The young man was also very polite and helpful, nothing was to much trouble. The Hotel was lovely and clean especially the Windows they shone . Thanking you all for a lovely stay .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends