“Best Guest House in Norwich”

Marlborough Guest House
Ranked #11 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed in Norwich for 8 nights in October/November at the Marlborough. Had used this Guest House in the past and again was not disappointed. The standard of service is excellent, nothing is too much trouble for the helpful and friendly staff. The Guest House is currently going through a total upgrade which is adding even further to the high standard and unbeatable value for money. Hygiene is of the highest standard throughout, breakfast is superb. Couldn't fault anything and would highly recommend the Marlborough to any visitor to Norwich.

Room Tip: Within easy walking distance of train station and city centre
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marlborough Guest House

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Warm welcome, parking permit provided, fabulous spacious room, great breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. A few minutes from train station, hop on hop off bus, football ground, cinema, supermarket and restaurants. and a short walk to the centre of Norwich with its castle, 2 cathedrals, large outdoor market and lovely old buildings. We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay at The Marlborough again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I decided on a long weekend break in Norwich with the family and stayed at the Marlborough Guest House to take in the lovely sights of Norfolk. The hotel was lovely and centrally located for exploring Norwich without a car. The directions Robert emailed to us were perfect and we drove straight to the hotel where there was a parking space waiting for us. I was greeted by a gentleman called Sandy who was smartly dressed and very friendly. He was expecting us and had our room key ready. The reception area was clean and very modern. I told Sandy why we were in Norwich and he gave me some information on where I could go with the family (3 children aged 9 to 12). We were most grateful and were shown to our room. The room was very spacious and clean. It had tea and coffee facilities and a cable TV which the children were happy about. There were ample towels for the entire family. We all slept well that night. The beds were very comfortable and clean. In the morning I met with Robert and Maxine who treated us very well. It had seemed as if I had known them all my life. Breakfast was freshly made with local produce and they went out of their way to help accommodate our children's eating habits. Robert asked what we were doing in Norwich and he also told us were we could go with the children he was very knowledgeable about the local attractions. The hotel is undergoing a few refurbishments but you would never know. We stayed in a room which had not been upgraded but you would have never known. I am not sure why you would stay in a holiday inn or similar. You would not get the service or breakfast. It was great value for money and would recommend it to all of my family and friends. Thanks very much Robert and Maxine. hope to see you next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room Tip: Our family room was lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I happened to stumble upon this place as I was looking for a place to stay. The owner, Robert, is really nice and friendly, very accommodating to anybody's situation. The rooms are really clean, and comfortable. I would recommend that anybody stay there. The rooms also have cable tv which was nice because I really just wanted to relax after such a long day. Would definitely recommend this place. As well, it's super close to the train station, so you don't need a cab for your bags or anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Marlborough for one night (Sat to Sun) with my boyfriend. Clean and newly-refurbished room, very friendly staff and a tasty full english for breakfast. Would definitively come back and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay in Norwich.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was recommended the Marlbrough by a friend who has used it on numerous occasions before and wasn't disappointed. Booked a 3 night stay and was told at the time of booking that I would need to change rooms for the third night to a none en-suite but this would be reflected in the price and this was fine. The 3rd night was a Saturday and hotel prices across the city were very dear and rooms hard to find.
Both rooms I stayed in were fine, clean and comfortable. The location was great, breakfasts fantastic and high quality and the owner was really friendly and helpful. The hotel is in the process of being refurbished and will be even better once complete. If I were to come to Norwich in the future I wouldn't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo