“Seafood was top notch”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had the salmon trout and have never tasted so fresh besides when I caught it fresh myself. The sangria was enjoyable. Liked the cozy atmosphere. My partner and I shared green mussels and bacon wrapped scallops. Again superb. He had the filet diablo. Service was prompt and yes the older gentleman is a character. And the bomba dessert is a chocolate ice cream in a liqueur with a chocolate coating oooh it was dessert every from partner. Go there relax and go seafood

1  Thank sregenfuss

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Don Pepe was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. A small Spanish style restaurant with an extensive menu, including many old favourites from years gone by. The special Mediterranean prawn starter was undoubtably the best prawn dish we have ever had. The service at times was manic but added the the charm of the place. Would also recommend the Rioja Bordon dry white wine. A small family run restaurant and a nice change from the larger chain establishments.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have eaten here many times and the food has always been excellent. Great fish and steaks and, of course, ice cold San Miguel - nothing else needed

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After reading so many reviews on trip advisor and hearing from friends about how nice it is here, me and my partner decided to try it out. We booked a table at 7, and we were greeted by the owner who looked a bit disgruntled as he was reading a newspaper. They sat us by the window and offered us drinks, but the attitude seemed very nonchalant and they didn't give any eye contact. The only reason I'm pointing this out is due to so many reviews saying how welcoming they are, it was a bit of a surprise. The wife put some nibbles in front of us but didn't explain what they were and just walked off. When I got my wine it was served in a half pint glass even though we had wine glasses on the table which I found strange! However, the actual meal was delicious. I had bacon wrapped scallops and my partner had Demi glaze duck but the veg that was served with it was very mundane. They put dessert menus in front of us, didn't ask how our meal was just cleared the plates and assumed we wanted afters. this could be a one off but I found the owners very grumpy. But I couldn't fault the actual main meal I was served (apart from the side of veg) I would recommend but I would warn the owners aren't as friendly as people make out!

1  Thank Frankiefreckles4747
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is our favourite restaurant in Norwich. The staff are so friendly, especially Wendy who always gives service with a smile. The food is always of a very high standard, the best quality, freshly cooked- my favourite is the duck which is the best I have tasted anywhere in the world. Everything is reasonably priced for al la carte and the service is excellent. Remember to book in advance though or you won't get in. Benny the chef is a master at his job and a friendly chap and Maria and Jose the hosts are very entertaining with their constant banter- what more could you ask from the perfect night out!