“Beautiful cottage with attentive owner”
Review of Little Willows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Little Willows
Ranked #16 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
“Beautiful cottage with attentive owner”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Clean and pretty cottage, with beautiful gardens and incredibly attentive and helpful owner. I stayed here with three of my bridesmaids the night before my wedding, and Sally made sure that we did not want for anything at all. She made sure we got discount at a local pub we had booked into for dinner, and made sure that we were well fed in the morning for breakfast. Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our second visit, and it lived up to the expectations set buy our first visit. Lovely room, clean and fresh looking. Bathroom ditto, with toiletries on offer if needed. I do love the ground coffee on offer in the room - the only place that supplies this. Sally had booked us a lovely local pub for dinner - all helps to make a stress free break. We met Sally's chickens this time. Such a friendly place to stay. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spotless cosy B & B with tastefull decor and lovingly cared for garden in full bloom.
Great breakfast with a first class personal service....what else would you expect from an ex First class BA flight attendant?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms with plenty of hot water in a peaceful location. Sally, welcomed us with cakes to go with our tea, cooked us wonderful breakfasts and booked us in to great pubs for supper. We found this a good base for exploring the Norfolk Broads and surrounding country side. The accommodation was spotless and pleasant set in beautiful gardens with chickens.

• Liked — Privacy and cleanliness
Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the place to stay if you want to be cosseted by a caring hostess. The accommodation is immaculately clean and comfortable. There are two modern bedrooms in a separate annexe to the main house with the use of their own pretty sitting room and terrace overlooking the lovely spacious garden. A kitchen completes the little annexe and is available to those who are self-catering. Sally looked after us beautifully, booking us local pubs for evening meals and generally going the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed. It's a top-class B&B.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed with Sally for 2 nights at the end of May to we could attend a wedding at nearby Hales Hall Barn for which it proved a very convenient location (about 4 miles away). We had pre-booked our taxis knowing that they would be busy but Sally knows the local taxi firms and they her, so there is no problem with taxis finding Little Willows. Sally also recommended a couple of local pubs for our evening meal and she has an arrangement with one to give her guests a 10% discount (thank you Sally!)

Sally was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her. Our room was clean and tidy and the bathroom well appointed. We were also able to sit in the lounge and read for a while. Sally put the heating on for us for a couple of hours when the evening turned a bit chilly. On the morning of the wedding we weren't chased out - we were invited to take our time. In fact we 'borrowed' Sally's dog, Lola, who took us for a short walk along an adjacent lane and round some woods.

Sally's cottage gardens are delightful and she pointed out the swallows who were busy building nests in her carport.

The cooked breakfasts were great, the eggs coming from her own hens, plenty of toast and home made jam. The coffee was freshly brewed. It would be nice to offer fresh orange juice Sally but it wasn't a big issue and I'm sure if I had asked for it you would have found some for me!

Little Willows is just off the local A143 artery road and therefore much of East Anglia is easily accessible.

I am happy to recommend Little Willows.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
littlewillows, Owner at Little Willows, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent stay.

I am concerned though because you did make reference to 'it would be nice to off fresh orange juice'. I wish to clarify that I do offer fresh Orange Juice. It is under the heading Tea and Coffee and Juice on the Breakfast menu.. Each morning you both selected Freshly Brewed Coffee but did not tick the box for juice and you are quite right, I would have immediately served orange juice had you asked.
You marked me down to 4 out of 5 for Cleanliness and I am very worried as I need to immediately address any shortcoming in this area. I am most particular on this so please tell me what was wrong so that I may make sure it doesn't happen again. I do not want prospective guests thinking there is a cleanliness issue in Little Willows.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

What an idyllic, homely b+b. The apartment was immaculate and really cosy. Great for renting self catering if you don't fancy the b+b. Sally was a great host, she made sure the heating was on every night which was a lovely touch. There was a great breakfast selection and it was nice to eat in the main house and to have someone else cooking for us. You definitely need a car if you stay here but that's expected as it's the country side and it's only a short drive to a few little villages. Don't let this put you off. It's a lovely b+b and I would definitely go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
littlewillows, Manager at Little Willows, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad that I was conveniently placed near to the wedding. Your stay was short but I hope to welcome you back in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Maids Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Loddon
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to Little Willows? Share your experiences!