“Lovely welcoming owner and setting”
Review of Little Willows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Little Willows
Ranked #15 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Surrey
“Lovely welcoming owner and setting”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This is my second visit to Little Willows. This time I brought my two dogs, a Labradoodle and a cross collie. The dogs and I were in the Garden room where there was plenty of room for their bedding. The dogs had a wonderful time playing with Sally’s little dog, Lola. There is a lovely woodland walk behind the cottage which was an added bonus for us all after the long journey.

My stay was just as enjoyable as the first. The cottage still looks new with fresh flowers in the rooms and is spotlessly clean. The gardens are a joy to see. The scrambled eggs with smoked salmon served for breakfast were delicious. It is clear that Sally really cares about the comfort of her guests.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 19 October 2010

From the moment I arrived I was welcomed in open arms even though it was 9pm at night. Sally greeted me at the door with beautiful Lola who will melt your heart in a second.

I was shown to my room and was told the B+B health and safety rules. The room and en suite bathroom was equipped with everything I possibly needed, I even forgot toothpaste and Sally came to my rescue!

Breakfast was served at a time suited to me, the menu I chose from was detailed and had every possible of breakfast combo available on demand.

In the morning breakfast was served to the second I requested. Toast was available in brown and White and different thicknesses. I had a full English with two slices of wholemeal. I was told everything on my plate was either from a local butcher or from her back garden (chicken eggs), breakfast was cooked to perfection and with a smile from a chirpy Sally.

Sally also went out of her way to tell me a short cut for my trip back home to Surrey which cut my journey quite considerably.

I would definitely return there again with my family and dog to get away from work.

• Stayed October 2010
littlewillows, Owner at Little Willows, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I value feedback as this helps me to stay in tune with what my guests are wanting from their chosen bed and breakfast stay at Little Willows.
I was glad to hear that my tip for your journey home was a success. I look forward to welcoming you, Tigger and your family back to Little Willows.
Belper, UK
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The web site stated that the lounge/ sitting roomwas 'available for all the guests to enjoy '.On arrival we were made aware of a number rules to observe some of which were not apparent at the time of booking. We had 2 dogs and although we had bought dog covers we were not allowed to use them in the lounge nor were we allowed to watch the TV in the lounge. Which meant in effect that for relaxation we were confined to our room which was rather cramped and only had one straight backed chair. Because of the restrictions in the lounge and the small room it meant that our dogs had to sleep on the bed with us which they were not used to and were excited and restless so that we had an uncomfortable and sleepless night. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special and although we had booked and paid for 3 nights, we felt we could not face another similar night and decided reluctantly to move to other accommodation. Mrs Leigh refused to refund the £160 for the extra 2 nights. Although Little Willows is advertised as dog friendly, we do not feel that this B&B is suitable for guests with dogs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roywar
littlewillows, Owner at Little Willows, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
All dog friendly Hotels and Bed and Breakfast establishments will have conditions (rules) in place for accepting pets. On Little Willows website under Terms and Conditions it clearly states the conditions for accepting dogs. One of the conditions state DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE BEDS AND FURNITURE. These guests arrived with a number of dog covers that they wanted to drape over their bed and all the furniture in the communal sitting room. I told them that dogs were not allowed on the furniture and it would not be appropriate to cover all the furniture in the communal area with dog covers. I advised them that the other guestroom was occupied. These guests seemed surprised when I said that the dogs could not be left to sleep in the sitting room. I assumed they had brought bedding for their dogs and only discovered the next day that that they had brought nothing. All dog friendly Hotels and B&Bs will have designated areas for accommodating dogs and I question where the guests thought the dogs would sleep!

The lady covered their bed with a dog cover – I agreed that so long as the dogs did not lie on the duvet cover or sheets, this would be allowable. Unfortunately, after their departure I discovered dog paw marks all over the bottom sheet of the bed as well as the duvet cover. I sprayed the marks and machine washed the linen but the marks were still there. I then soaked the linen in special stain remover but the marks were still there. I then scrubbed and hand washed the linen and some of the marks came out and finally I used bleach. When I subsequently spoke to the gentleman on the phone he said they often had paw marks on their bedding but didn’t have any trouble washing the marks out!

The guests were accommodated in the Garden room which has ample space for a fold down bed or child’s travel cot and is far from cramped. There was abundant room for the dogs to have bedding on the floor as happens with other dog owners who stay!

The website states what facilities/furnishings are provided for Bed and Breakfast guests in each room. In many B & Bs only a bedroom is provided but Little Willows does have the added extra of a sitting room for the guests with the proviso that if both rooms are occupied and guests wish to watch the television, they use the televisions in their respective rooms so as not to disturb each other. At no time were the guests told they could not relax in the sitting room.

On the guests first evening I went into the cottage to find the guests in the sitting room watching the television (the other couple were out so they were not disturbing anyone) together with their two Springer Spaniels - all on the sofa! I said that dogs were not allowed on the furniture, however the guests replied that I had asked them not to put dog covers on the furniture so what were they to do! I responded that for comfort and cleanliness this could not happen. After they left it took ages to vacuum the hair off the sofa together with cleaning off the paw marks!

Last minute cancellations of bookings are outlined in the Terms and Conditions. I did agree to refund their payment should I get an accommodation request for their cancelled nights.

Being a dog owner I appreciate how difficult it can be to find dog friendly accommodation however this experience has caused me to review my policy for accepting dogs.
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Not only owner, Sally, but her very friendly dog Lola, made our stay very special. We had the most delicious home cooked breakfasts, nothing was too much trouble and breakfast was served with a smile and genuine love of what Sally could do for you. We have one complaint: our stay was not long enough! Thank you Sally and Lola for making our stay such a happy one considering the sad circumstances we needed to be with you.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Stafforshire
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Sally & Lola are wonderful hosts & are very welcoming. The rooms are beautifully decorated & the beds are very comfortable. The terrace is perfect for those warm summer evenings with lots of small birds in the plum trees. The location is ideal as you are not too far from a main road but far enough away not to be bothered by noise. The breakfasts are delicious & most of the produce comes from Sallys garden & chickens, her plum jam is lovely. Sally recommened the White Lion in Chedgrave & the food there was wonderful as well. A great B&B or self catering cottage if you hire the whole place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and did some cycling in the surrounding countryside, which was beautiful. Sally was very accommodating with our bikes, and extremely helpful with local information, cycle routes, and delicious restaurants!
We were lucky enough to be here when the meteor shower happened and the night sky was incredible, so far from the city lights surrounded by only fields.

Sally is an extremely welcoming hostess, as is Lola her delightful little dog!

• Stayed August 2010
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This was our first visit to Norfolk. The accommodation at Little Willows is extremely well presented and set in beautiful peaceful gardens. Sally provides a good choice for breakfast which is freshly cooked and delicious.

Sally is a wonderful hostess providing a wealth of information on places to visit in Norfolk and the Broads area - we took her advice on the trip home and were not disappointed.

Sally and Lola (how could we not mention Lola - could have brought her home with us!!!) made our short stay in Norfolk a wonderful experience - would highly recommend it.

Would add that the White Horse at nearby Chedgrave is a wonderful place to eat - checked this out on the internet before we arrived at Little Willows and would certainly recommend this pub for very good food and friendly attentive service.

Overall an excellent stay - thanks Sally and Lola.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Dunston Hall
Wensum Guest House
Wensum Guest House
#16 of 80 in Norwich
The White House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Little Willows? Share your experiences!