“30th birthday celebration”

Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: WSS is your city address day and night. The social hub of Norwich's Golden Triangle serving modern inventive dishes and on-point drinks. An urban meeting place for breakfast, casual daytime dining, dinnertime get-togethers and so much more... WSS has commissioned Chef Patron Daniel Smith to contribute classic dishes with a modern twist taking a seasonal approach, unrivalled fruit and veg grown on our farm, traditionally baking bread on-site, making our own ice-creams from scratch. Settle into our snug, grab a seat at our sharing table or experience our private dining areas.
London, United Kingdom
“30th birthday celebration”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Free hire of the downstairs snug for 20 people for my wife's 30th birthday meal - included a free bottle of Prosecco. Great help before hand in organising. Went out of their way to sort dietary requirements. Food was very good - as was the service.Would thoroughly recommend! Great environment for the occasion, and made all the better because of the helpfulness and effort made by the staff to make things as easy and good as possible!

• Visited March 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A perfectly decent lunch”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Visited the Mad Moose at lunchtime on a Wednesday afternoon with a friend. The pub was very clean, and the staff friendly and attentive. I ordered the veggie burger, which was nice (although one section was massively overloaded with fennel seeds) and came with a little pile of finely grated carrot/beetroot, and a bowl of french fries. Everything was tasty (bar the above-mentioned aniseed overload first couple of bites of my burger), the salad was fresh and crisp, and the bun was a pretty orangey colour. I felt that the portion (burger) was a bit small, and I also felt that it was rather expensive at £10. Nothing to shout about, but nothing to complain about either. A perfectly decent lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be :-(”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Over the years I've been to the Mad Moose for food probably a dozen or more times and have always enjoyed the flavours, combinations, range of drinks and service.....

However the latest visit will have to be the last for a while as the food quality has gone downhill fast!

I ordered what used to be one of the best beef burgers available in the city and was presented with something which is trying to be something it's not in a lot smaller proportion with none of the essential flavouring.

Admittedly the service was snappy, the food was well presented and the bar still has a good range of drinks. But whatever has changed in the kitchen can only be seen as a disappointment.

Bring back the old standards and I shall return!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jay B
Madmoose55, Manager at The Mad Moose, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello and thank you for taking time to write your review. I am very sorry you didn't have a good experience on your last visit, and would like to apologise to you for this! If you would like to contact me at The Mad Moose either by phone or by email, I would like the opportunity to speak to you in person about your visit and hope that we can invite you back sometime to make amends.

Kind Regards
Jon Power
General Manager of The Mad Moose
01603 627687
madmoose@animalinns.co.uk
“Meal at the Moose”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Ate at the Moose for the first time last night with good friends. A great atmosphere and very attentive and friendly staff. Whoever decided to add the pulled pork to the nachos was a culinary genius!! Good steaks too. Nothing to fault except that I was the designated driver and was on sparkling water.

Visited February 2014
norfolk
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We went here for Sunday Lunch with our family, five adults and two children. Good selection on the menu, children's portions were available. Most of us had traditional roast beef, but two had roast chicken which was half a chicken, beautifully cooked. My husband and I ended up sharing a desert as we did not want to miss out but were really too full.

Good atmosphere. Good service. Excellent meal.

• Visited February 2014