First impressions count for a lot in my book and this place got off to a great start. Fast and friendly service on arrival, a clean comfy sized room overlooking the river Yare, who could ask for more. We dined in the pub downstairs (very good selection of beers on offer). The meals itself were limited to a carvery and the quality of the food was very good. The best thing of all was the value for money. Under £4 each was wonderful value for money. At 6.30 there was plenty of space and although very hot inside we found a table near to the gardens. After we'd eaten we sat in the garden and had a great evening enjoying the fresh air and the scenery.
The breakfast was complimentary, but wasn't bad. There was the option to pay a little extra for a cooked breakfast, but I wasn't that hungry. The continental breakfast was adequate if unexciting, but as I stress I wasn't that hungry.
Will certainly return again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're planning to explore historic Norwich or soak up the scenery of the Norfolk Broads, you'd be hard pushed to find a hotel as perfectly placed as this. Nestled in a lovely spot on the banks of the River Yare, opposite Whittingham Country Park, the lodge houses 14 warm and welcoming rooms as well as a Crown Carvery. So you can enjoy the tranquility of the area with your choice of roast, freshly steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds. Norwich has some of the best medieval architecture in Britain with a Norman moat and Bailey Castle and a fine cathedral dating back to 1096. It's also home to the Norfolk Broads, the largest protected wetlands in the country. They're a mecca for sailors, motor-boaters, canoeists and fishing enthusiasts - although walkers, bird watchers and cyclists will find plenty to do without having to get wet. Norwich Aviation Museum is just up the road, too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town House Hotel Norwich
- Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich Norfolk