Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich
Hotels.com
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$196
Great 4.5/5
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$144
  • Pool
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsriver viewcontinental breakfast was includedfull englishice cream machinecrown carverywater pressure isriverside gardencarvery dinnersofa bedwould stay here againsome tlcshower roomfresh fruitcooked foodvisit norwichroom numberfirst morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

booked a room there two night weekend £149 with continental breakfast for 2 through booking .com, arrived and was ask for full payment straight away big mistake. We were shown to room 5 apparently not the worse room ,I've stayed in a lot of hotels BB's because of my job and this was not exceptable .The double bed filled the room .you were supposed to hang your clothes on hooks above the tea making facilities, there was a old table and chair in the corner it resembled a prison cell. Oh and yes shower and toilet was available door right next to the head board. my advice there are better rooms at this hotel ,if you end up with this room and the one's that are worse it will ruin your weekend......

Room Tip: when booking this hotel be careful what room you end up in ,we ended up in a family room for one night which was ok .I got a refund for the second night only after having another moan the next morning ,do you need the hassle when you're trying to have a weekend away ...my advise give this place a miss
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evans1959
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We are very sorry to hear that the visit you made to Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich was not as perfect as you would have liked. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we always welcome your feedback and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay here because the location was near where i was working. It was quiet and I slept well. The rooms are quite small but functional and the floorboards very creaky.
Breakfast was very good indeed. Service was pleasant and prompt. I would stay here again as it was very good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Decided to treat myself to a night here on my way to doing some volunteer work, and I am so glad I did. Yes, the décor is a little tired, but all the areas of the hotel that I encountered were spotlessly clean nonetheless - I certainly had no problems with my feet sticking to the carpet, as a previous reviewer stated. My room had a beautiful view of the river, a well-stocked tea and coffee tray, a shower with tons of hot water and a superbly comfortable bed. The staff were all friendly and helpful, from carrying my suitcase upstairs for me to making sure that I had everything I needed and knew when meals were served - and a special thank you to the employee with the Scouse accent who carried my suitcase downstairs for me this morning! (didn't get your name, sorry!) The carvery dinner I had last night was tasty and great value, and having a drink outside before going to bed was very relaxing. I slept very well, and had no problem with noise from the pub or other guests. A continental breakfast was included with my room, but once I saw the Full English this morning I simply had to have that instead - £3.99 for as much as you can heap onto your plate, and absolutely delicious too. For the reviewers here who have criticised the outdated décor, I honestly don't think you can expect the sort of facilities you obviously wanted for the price the Town House charges. I paid £51.00 for my stay, and I think that was a superb price for what I got - a warm welcome, fantastic service and the best night's sleep I have had in ages. More than happy to recommend, and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and get a room with a river view - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your visit to The Town House, Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich and I have shared your comments with all the team. We have replied to you personally and look forward to taking care of you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This pub/hotel is badly in need of renovation throughout. The eating and drinking area is full of scratched tables and dull brown decor. Mind out you don't get stuck to the carpet.

The bedroom looks like something out of the 1970s. All dark wood and thin stripy carpets. Could I say the place was clean - I wasn't certain. The furniture, particularly the table in my roon, looked like it was knocked up in a woodwork class.

Breakfast was ok but the smell of carvery pervaded the whole place.

Give this a miss.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich on our Trip Advisor page. We were disappointed to read that you were not satisfied, and we have replied to you personally about this.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had 4 nights taking the Tripadvisor reviews into account. We thought it was strange that they took the money up front without showing us the room. It was very disappointing. It was clean but very run down. We ate there the first night but didn't bother after that. The floors creak whenever anyone goes up and down the corridor, the windows did not shut. The last straw was the pub quiz on a Thursday night we were obviously right over the PA system. It was the largest room with the smallest en suite shower room.
I have never given a review like this before, but we should have spent more and stayed somewhere better!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Town House, Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich on our Trip Advisor page. We were disappointed to read that you were not satisfied, and we have replied to you personally about this.