Not much to look at from the road but it is a lovely place with stunning views of the river. There is free unlimited wifi which is great. The only small problem was that the room had been catered for 2 people in terms of pillows, towels, cups etc and there were 3 of us sharing a room. We did ask for another cup during dinner that night but we didn't get one. The dinner was really lovely and good value i.e meat free carvery was £2.99 and really good too. You can have as much veg as you wanted (and there is a big choice) and for meat eaters there is a big serving of meat given. A free continental breakfast is included in the room price which is actually very nice with a good choice of cereals, porridge, yogurts, fresh fruit, breakfast muffins, croissants, chocolate muffins, toast, jams, juices, teas and coffee. You can also pay for a cooked breakfast. If possible at least take a walk in the garden, it is very well kept and a beautiful walk down to the river. It was difficult to sleep when we were there but only as the night was so hot, we were provided with a fan and this did not distract from the overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're planning to explore historic Norwich or soak up the scenery of the Norfolk Broads, you'd be hard pushed to find a hotel as perfectly placed as this. Nestled in a lovely spot on the banks of the River Yare, opposite Whittingham Country Park, the lodge houses 14 warm and welcoming rooms as well as a Crown Carvery. So you can enjoy the tranquility of the area with your choice of roast, freshly steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds. Norwich has some of the best medieval architecture in Britain with a Norman moat and Bailey Castle and a fine cathedral dating back to 1096. It's also home to the Norfolk Broads, the largest protected wetlands in the country. They're a mecca for sailors, motor-boaters, canoeists and fishing enthusiasts - although walkers, bird watchers and cyclists will find plenty to do without having to get wet. Norwich Aviation Museum is just up the road, too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town House Hotel Norwich
- Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich Norfolk