“Wedding Breakfast”

Ranked #395 of 881 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My Family & I had the misfortune to sample the lamb at a Wedding Breakfast at Sprowston Manor in August. It was suppose to be medium rare but was almost uncooked with a rubbery texture. As it was totally inedible we sent back the meal and asked for the lamb to be cooked "well done" but after a 20 minute wait it came back just as uncooked. By this time the plates were being cleared up for the sweets so we just went hungry. When my wife spoke to the Wedding co-ordinator she just said they 'had words' with the chef. I have NEVER in my life encountered such poor service and rubbish food.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Freindly..no dislikes at all ....very well presented

Reviewed 29 January 2012

The service and choice of food was fantastic. Staff vey helpfull and friendly,

1  Thank CyprusSunseeker
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Very poor for a four star hotel. burnt roast beef. Lumpy gravy. Limited menu. Area smelled overcooked veg.
Try harder!

Reviewed 8 June 2009

My Partner and I stayed here recently and have to say on the website the hotel looked lovely, and as it was a birthday break away we chose the Marriot Sprowston Manor for what we thought would be a lovely relaxing break how wrong were we!!!! after arriving we soon found out that this is a predominantly GOLFING hotel and if you dont play golf then tough they cater all their service and attention to GOLFERS only!!!! we had booked the spa package and were shocked to say the least when we were ushered into what i would call the 19th hole!! bar to have our lunch!!!!!! which was extorionate prices but if your happy to pay £9.00 for a basic sandwich then I am sure that you will love it. I would suggest that you pop to sainsbury's down the road and grab a sandwich as they have more life in them more variety and a snip of the price!!!! we then went into the spa which had a lovely pool steam and sauna and a whirlpool with not many bubbles!!!!! we both opted for a wonderful massage and when we were done we were both extremley relaxed we went to our room and got ready and were looking forward to the A La Carte fine dining (FORMAL ONLY) Restaurant in the hotel. The food was ok , not much choice on the menu at all and quite plain simlar service and choice that you might well experience in your local beefeater really!!!!! but triple the price... we had just got through our main course when a group of midddle aged mouthed yobs (golfers) dressed in Jeans T-shirts one even had shorts and flip flops on entered the STRICTLY FORMAL ONLY (what a joke) restaurant and I have to say that the next 15 mins that we remained there were the worst that I have ever experienced a string of not just bad language but extreme language! [--] [--] [--] and all the rest!! they were so loud that we couldnt even here our selves speak we got up and left the table as did others dining there and waited for the so called restaurant manager to tell him of our grievance he did nothing and the deputy hotel manager arrived he did nothing and then the Director of Room Operations came and finally gave some compensation and words of apology for the fact that our evening had been ruined and that the relaxing massage was a distant memory as now our backs were well and truely up! the YOBS stayed in the bar and the language still continued well into the night and the staff did NOTHING! all of this could of been avoided had they been refused into the restaurant or if a member of staff had approached them to talk to them on behalf of everyone else to stop swearing. So i guess the moral of the story is if you like all this and consider it ENTERTAINMENT then you will have a wonderful experience I am just glad that no children were there to listen to their foul mouths that belonged in either a local spit and sawdust pub or more so in the GUTTER! safe as to say we wont be staying there again! oh I forgot to mention it is also a DOG FREINDLY HOTEL so if you dont mind being kept up all night by yapping dogs then your fine!!!!