“Good sleep and great food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
The Norfolk Lurcher
Ranked #37 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip, very warm welcome. Beautiful location and the food was amazing. Bed was comfortable so had a really good night sleep, fresh for work in the morning. Overall a good location and venue for what I needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank jlindajen2427
There are newer reviews for The Norfolk Lurcher

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We visited last night for my mums birthday but never got past the door! Would not accommodate us with my two month old daughter saying no prams allowed, they were rude and clearly stupid enough to turn away a large party. The pushchair had nothing to do with it they are just not child friendly , avoid do not give the place your time or your money .

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Tara B
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the Ugly Bug for a meal on Father's Day, having checked the menu out online. If a little outdated and poorly presented, the Menu online seemed decent.

When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted. The staff seemed welcoming, but passive-aggressive signs dotted throughout the pub regarding card payment and publicity seemed a little off-putting and quite hostile.

The meal was nice, with beautiful crispy duck starters and a lovely dessert selection, but the main meal itself was not as expected. Very few accompanying vegetables were on offer and we were not advised of the 'potatoes of the day' prior to ordering - we had to wait for our food before seeing what was meant! The waiting staff seemed attentive, if a little busy.

All in all it was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't return in a hurry.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Bob449
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We found this accommodation by chance, didn't book till late that afternoon, arrived about 9P.M, welcomed by the host, shown our room very nice, Comfortable Q/Bed nice size en/suite, room had Wi-Fi, T.V. and tea/coffee making facilities. in the morning a Full English Breakfast. All this for $65 per Couple/night. HIGHLY RECOMMEND to stay if in the Norwich Area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NormanRatcliffe
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were booked in by our hotel however I had seen the establishment on the internet prior to the visit. We arrived and were welcomed by the very flamboyant owner who proceeded to tell us that his rooms were better than our 4* hotel !!!!! We availed ourselves of a couple of pints of the local Adnams Ale which went down very well.

The menu was VERY extensive...too much choice!! My partner opted for the mushroom and spinach soup to start with which was a significant portion and superb taste and texture; just what my man needed, mine however was not as I had imagined. Portobello Mushrooms with brie and cranberry . I received 2 small mushrooms with a dollop of un-melted cheese and a splodge of cranberry jelly..hmmm........??? I had imagined something along the lines of mushrooms filled with a cranberry compote and topped with melted brie.

The main course came and my partner had ordered the mixed grill. I believe it contained 4 small cuts of meat and one of them, the steak, could only be recognised by the taste; certainly not by its looks, in fact it looked more like a very small medallion of pork it was that pale in colour. I had opted for the Fillet of Venison which was described as being cooked pink with bacon and mushroom...so I envisaged a fillet of vension much how you would imagine a fillet steak..what I actually received was a casserole of meat...could have been any red meat..certainly NOT cooked pink as described. I am a qualified chef myself and although I criticise it is nothing but constructive criticism, I know first hand that you cannot please all of the people all of the time; I just feel that the descriptions were very misleading...however the casserole was very tasty, just not worth the £18 or £19 it sold at!

For dessert I had the creme brulee and my partner had a cheese board, neither of which we could fault.

The restaurant staff were helpful friendly and efficient but most of all I absolutely loved the lady behind the bar who in the local accent asked me if I " was alright my lovely?" superb!!! loved it absolutely brilliant..being a Yellowbelly myself I know we must never lose our local dialects "allright duck?" I give praise to the staff the chef too ( even if he/she did flower the menu) and hope that they read this because without them this review would be a lot more fiestier; so thank you to you..I know that you have a thankless task sometimes and hope your boss appreciates you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hejofl
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went with some friends for an evening meal, having never been there before. We were made very welcome by the landlord, who greeted us like old friends. The decor and layout makes for a very relaxing atmosphere and wraps itself round you.
The menu was quite extensive and certainly not over priced. The food was excellent, well presented and very well served.
We all agreed another visit would be part of our plans in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank rickanddenise
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

A very good ambient with lovely background music. The service was absolutely fabulous and not too crowded. It may not be a good place if you don't like animals, as the dog and the cat walk freely in the premises. They also have Plenty of parking spaces.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Soraia V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Park Farm Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to The Norfolk Lurcher? Share your experiences!