“Pre theatre meal”

Ranked #60 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Frank’s Bar is a cafe-bar in central Norwich. We have filled our bar with good food, top drinks, marvelous music and general chilled-outness. We’re happy for you to enjoy Frank’s Bar in a range of different ways, whether it be with a coffee, glass of wine, tasty meal, or cheeky nibbles we’re really quite flexible. We like to make Sunday’s special as well by offering a fantastic Sunday Breakfast menu (served from 11.00 - 6.00) and a classic afternoon film (screened in the back room) along with the usual selection of great coffee, good papers to peruse and general loveliness.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Tasty food, interesting drinks choices and friendly staff made this a good choice for our pre theatre meal.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Loved Franks....would love to own a place like this. We only had breakfast but it was just such a chilled place...i'll definitely be back if i stay in Norwich again.

1  Thank kitch558
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A big group of us arrived early evening but they were flexible and fitted us in. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. A great choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and the cocktails were perfect. Our meals - tapas-style Mediterranean mostly - were fabulous. They tasted as though real care had been taken to put them together with interesting herb and spice flavours. They were also presented attractively. (There were more traditional British dishes on offer too.) The music complemented the relaxed vibe and I would definitely go again.

3  Thank JenR1234
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A first time vist to Franks. Place was packed and we had to wait a while but with the excellent service and friendly staff (who genuinely seemed to be having a good time) we did not mind at all. It has a retro-charm and a great vibe. A good selection of fresh and interesting brunch-style food - all reasonable priced. A small bar with a good selection of drinks as well. We all went for the bagels which were great and prepared quickly. I like the fact that Franks is unusual and hope it stays that way.

1  Thank Foodiedrinkie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visit Frank's whenever I am in Norwich, in fact I will make excuses to go to Norwich just so I can go to Frank's! The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed and my friends and I can sit in here all day passing the time. We have been known to have both breakfast and lunch here in the same day. The menu is brilliant, with many interesting vegetarian options (something the majority of restaurants have trouble with). The vegetarian breakfast is the best I have ever had. The selection of drinks and cakes is also brilliant. I cannot recommend this place enough!