“Tasty food in a nice little restaurant ”
Review of Thai Lanna

Thai Lanna
Ranked #104 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I visited this place on a busy Saturday night in a group of 4 people. It's a nice little place on a side alley on central Norwich. It's not a fancy place, but just a nice place to go for something to eat with friends.

The food was very tasty and reasonably priced. My only complaint is that some of the dishes were not got enough, especially the tom yum soup. Personally I like my food to have a bit of a kick. I suspect that one could order it to be hotter, but I didn't know beforehand and so I didn't ask. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Authentic Thai surroundings very compact little restaurant - staff are reasonably friendly without overdoing it. Lunchtime specials are good value.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had eaten in Thai Alanna on a previous visit to Norwich and remembered it being good and on this second visit we were not disappointed. The menu is short by typical Thai restaurant standards and all the better for it. The food (spicy squid, beef curry, spring greens) was clearly freshly cooked and both the ingredients and the spicing were excellent. Added to the friendly service and attractive room and we had a very happy evening. (The restaurant is small so probably best to book at busier times.)

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Ate here on a Saturday evening, having booked a table at quite short notice. This is an authentic Thai restaurant. The service was very attentive without being intrusive and the food was the best Thai food we have had in a long while. We will definitely return next time we visit Norwich.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We've been to Thai Lanna both weeks we've been working away in Norwich and it provides a consistent and tasty evening meal. The service is performed by what seems to be a mother and daughter team and is typical Thai, courteous, discrete and friendly. You never have to wait too long for anything and I can recommend the banquest for 3 and the Pad Thai. Chang beer is available and the restuarant seems to have a faithful clientele.