“Some good ...some not so good”

Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited the hotel for business purposes, this is a mixed review as there are some good & some bad points:-
Lets start with the good..
I was given a warm welcome & was quickly allocated my good
The staff were friendly but not "in your face"
The food in the bar was pretty good
Comfortable bed
Not so good
Breakfast - table not set up properly has to ask for milk for my coffee, no glasses out for fruit juice. Dreaded buffet for the hot part - baked beans which looked like they had been there for a while - tell tale crust! Fried eggs hard as nails - to be fair these were replaced.
Room - I had a room up from standard, the bathroom was dated and in need of a good clean - there was mould round the shower part (which I easily removed with a tissue).
The Bad
Advertised on the website as having a residents gym - I asked where it was and was told it was closed indefinitely. The solution was to pay £5 to use a gym in the area! It should have been free at worst. The website & the likes of booking & late rooms need updating without delay. This is misleading & the gym was one of the main drivers for me booking the hotel.
To sum up - good staff but improvements needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonJKent

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My new partner and I used the Hotel as I have before for various celebrations this time it was for our Civil Partnership reception. Like the previous reviewer we had various problems with sound equipment and Jo Little the singer and comedienne and her wanting a room to change into. All taken care of by Dawn (What a treasure) I have dealt with her at the hotel before, she was so helpful, taking all the pressure from me by sorting things out, Elizabeth did all the negotiations and gave such good, helpful advise we were so happy with her help.
The staff were absolutely fantastic nothing too much trouble.
That room we had after the celebration was really something, as the previous reviewer said, bigger than our bungalow, all our guests wanted to see..
We both agreed, it was the best day of our lives.
A big THANK YOU BROOK HOTEL you made it truly special
Chaminda and Anthony

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have previously written a review regarding the care and attention taken by the hotel over arranging of our wedding reception. Just to recap, Elizabeth and her team have been exceptional friendly and helpful, with nothing being too much trouble.

This weekend (26th Oct) was our wedding and it was time to put all that planning into place. My brother and I arrived at the hotel on the morning, with lots of boxes of equipment for our band and table arrangements, cake stand, flowers, etc.

We were stressed out, but Liz, Dawn and the team instantly sweeped in and difussed the situation, preparing the room in minutes. The room looked amazing and we were able to leave to prepare for the wedding at our baptist church.

When we returned to the hotel, we were greeted by our welcome drinks and super attentive staff, who served us with the most fantastic wedding breakfast. Nothing was an issue and was very quickly dealt with.

After the evening, we retired to a room, where even the bathroom was biggest than our lounge at home. This was an amazing extra touch we didn't bargain for.

The following morning, the breakfast buffet was exactly what we needed. A lot of our guests stayed over, so we had a fantastic de-brief of the previous day.

In conclusion, Liz was fantastic with helping us plan the day and then it was Dawn that took over running the day and ensuring that everything ran unbelievablely smoothly.

It would've be impossible to find anything the could've been done better. The food, the planning, the assistance, the room. It was all perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here and cannot fault anything. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. The buffet English breakfast was extensive and tasty. We had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. All in all a very pleasant stay and we will. Be staying there again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Went to The Brook Hotel as our friends were staying there and they invited us to join them for a meal. Table given to us in a quiet location of the restaurant as there was a wedding party on and we were told it could get noisy. Our waitress was very helpful, but informed us when handing us the menu that there were a few starters not available, this at 7pm! We ordered and waited about 15 minutes for them to arrive. I ordered Turkey, which was described as slices of Turkey with a small salad, when it arrived, it looked like processed meat! I was concerned for my mains dish. I had ordered Venetian Chicken with mustard mash and spinach. When it arrived, it looked and smelt delicious and it was, piping hot and really tasty. My fellow diners had ordered steak and all agreed that it was delicious. Desserts were really lovely too and everything on the menu was available. Would I eat here again? Yes, prices were reasonable, except for the drinks, but then it is a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Recently spent three nights here. Spotlessly clean room. Quality food both at breakfast and in the evening, with plenty of choice. Good location for the city and other areas of Norfolk. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementResponses, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you Julie for your review, we would love to have you come and stay with us again. We are very happy to see that you had a great time and found the hotel at our usual high standard, we are very proud of our team and the hotel so we hope you will come and see us again soon.