“Faulty appliances, needs an update”

Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Norwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed one night late October. I arrived quite late and left early so didnt use the restaurant so sorry I cant comment on that. The Hotel itself and my room were very nice, clean and welcoming. Not much to add except I booked via an external internet site and got the room at £65 which was within my budget and cheaper than may lower standard hotels in the area

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
cheshire
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at this Hotel again this time for a celebration of a Civil Partnership. What a brill place to stay. great attention & good food, have stayed here everytime we come to Norwich we will always stay here no other place like it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kent, England
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited the hotel for business purposes, this is a mixed review as there are some good & some bad points:-
Lets start with the good..
I was given a warm welcome & was quickly allocated my good
The staff were friendly but not "in your face"
The food in the bar was pretty good
Comfortable bed
Not so good
Breakfast - table not set up properly has to ask for milk for my coffee, no glasses out for fruit juice. Dreaded buffet for the hot part - baked beans which looked like they had been there for a while - tell tale crust! Fried eggs hard as nails - to be fair these were replaced.
Room - I had a room up from standard, the bathroom was dated and in need of a good clean - there was mould round the shower part (which I easily removed with a tissue).
The Bad
Advertised on the website as having a residents gym - I asked where it was and was told it was closed indefinitely. The solution was to pay £5 to use a gym in the area! It should have been free at worst. The website & the likes of booking & late rooms need updating without delay. This is misleading & the gym was one of the main drivers for me booking the hotel.
To sum up - good staff but improvements needed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SimonJKent
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My new partner and I used the Hotel as I have before for various celebrations this time it was for our Civil Partnership reception. Like the previous reviewer we had various problems with sound equipment and Jo Little the singer and comedienne and her wanting a room to change into. All taken care of by Dawn (What a treasure) I have dealt with her at the hotel before, she was so helpful, taking all the pressure from me by sorting things out, Elizabeth did all the negotiations and gave such good, helpful advise we were so happy with her help.
The staff were absolutely fantastic nothing too much trouble.
That room we had after the celebration was really something, as the previous reviewer said, bigger than our bungalow, all our guests wanted to see..
We both agreed, it was the best day of our lives.
A big THANK YOU BROOK HOTEL you made it truly special
Chaminda and Anthony

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Norfolk
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have previously written a review regarding the care and attention taken by the hotel over arranging of our wedding reception. Just to recap, Elizabeth and her team have been exceptional friendly and helpful, with nothing being too much trouble.

This weekend (26th Oct) was our wedding and it was time to put all that planning into place. My brother and I arrived at the hotel on the morning, with lots of boxes of equipment for our band and table arrangements, cake stand, flowers, etc.

We were stressed out, but Liz, Dawn and the team instantly sweeped in and difussed the situation, preparing the room in minutes. The room looked amazing and we were able to leave to prepare for the wedding at our baptist church.

When we returned to the hotel, we were greeted by our welcome drinks and super attentive staff, who served us with the most fantastic wedding breakfast. Nothing was an issue and was very quickly dealt with.

After the evening, we retired to a room, where even the bathroom was biggest than our lounge at home. This was an amazing extra touch we didn't bargain for.

The following morning, the breakfast buffet was exactly what we needed. A lot of our guests stayed over, so we had a fantastic de-brief of the previous day.

In conclusion, Liz was fantastic with helping us plan the day and then it was Dawn that took over running the day and ensuring that everything ran unbelievablely smoothly.

It would've be impossible to find anything the could've been done better. The food, the planning, the assistance, the room. It was all perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here and cannot fault anything. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. The buffet English breakfast was extensive and tasty. We had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. All in all a very pleasant stay and we will. Be staying there again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013