Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
  • Bar/Lounge
The Gables(Norwich)
Stower Grange(Drayton)
View Hotel
All reviewscoach tripwedding receptionwould stay againplenty of parkingmain roadcity centretea and coffeeone night staysaturday nightcomfy bedcarverythursfordoutskirtsnorfolkueauniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the second time we have used this hotel this time just for one night. The reception staff are excellent and booking in was quick. Room was clean and air conditioned we had a standard room only thing missing was a fridge. The bar staff are friendly and quick. Prices are what you expect at a hotel a little over the top. Breakfast great good and hot plenty to chose from coffee tea ect served as soon as you sit down we will defiantly use this hotel next time we are in the area

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, good carpark but about 4 miles out of Norwich. When I arrived a coach load of pensioners were also filing towards reception. After a long drive this could have been worst nightmare. Thankfully the receptionist (I didn't get her name) quickly realised my plight and booked me in, star! The room was ok but the wifi was a bit hit and miss. The shower was also temperamental. Breakfast was good but it's amazing how much noise the pensioners made! So all in all would have been a 3 but for the fantastic reception staff.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Andy T
Gareth S, General Manager at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Many thanks for your review of our hotel. I'm sure you will be delighted to hear that our WIFI has been upgraded as of last week & is now has excellent service throughout the whole hotel. I will certainly pass your thanks on to the receptionist that checked you in & this very pleasing to hear they done this for you. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

No problems at all. attentive staff ensured excellent value for money. New chef since our previous visit, food was excellent. about ten minute drive from city centre with free parking (always a bonus!)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed 1 night, booked one double & one twin. Check in smooth. Bedrooms good size with comfortable beds. Overlooked a small grassy area, so no traffic noise. Bathroom all in good working order & shower good pressure, However, whole hotel looks very 1980's. Melamine on the bathroom walls may be easier to clean, but not expected in a 3* hotel. Didn't take dinner in the hotel, ventured out into Norwich. Hotel on the outskirts so not within walking distance of the city centre.
Breakfast had the potential. No issue with quality, but restaurant needs better supervision. No one to greet us, so had to find our own table. Too slow at replenishing counter, so either had to wait or go without. Staff also slow at clearing empty plates, at one stage had to clear our own to create space.
Check out quick, but not asked if stay was good or thanked for custom.
Have stayed in much better for same or less money. Restaurant service really needs attention for a 3*

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience with us, this is certainly something I shall be feeding back to my Food & Beverage Manager. You are correct the hotel is on the outskirts of the city, but the bus service over the road operates every 15 minutes into the city centre & this is only 10 minute journey. I noticed you mentioned that the hotel had a 1980's look, I am sure you only mean the bathrooms in the bedrooms. The bathrooms are now under refurbishment but our public areas have been refurbished in the last 3 years & the feedback we receive for these areas is fantastic. We worked with a local interior designer who was once Sir Alan Sugars designer & I truly do not know how you could class these areas as 1980's, however I am aware we can not cater for everyone's style.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Definitely not worth staying here. Our room was supposed to be an "upgraded " room as we have a Best Western card. On entering the bathroom 2 things assaulted my senses - firstly the stench of smoke!!!! Secondly, I couldn't believe how awful and outdated it appeared. I can't remember the last time I saw melamine on the walls - so unattractive.
We went into the bedroom and realised that it was very noisy - from the road and also a strange noise that went on and off through the day and night. We tried but failed to change our room.
As we were on bed and breakfast we can only comment on the breakfast food. This has to be one of the poorest breakfasts we have had in a hotel. Very little choice to eat and horrid tinned fruit instead of fresh fruit.
Finally, when we needed someone to speak to there was no one on reception. Don't stay here.We certainly won't return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple