“Typical Comfy Good Value Travelodge. But bit noisy”

Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Redhill, Surrey, England
“Typical Comfy Good Value Travelodge. But bit noisy”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is a short walk from Norwich station (about 5 minutes) and about 10 minutes from the historic and imposing cathedral. It is about 15minutes to the city centre and the famous Lanes and markets. Our room is of the new-look Travelodge. A big, very comfortable bed, with big firm pillows, Spartan but spotlessly clean. The downside was the hotel's proximity to various night-clubs and late night venues and fast-food outlets. So it is quite noisy there, we could hear loud music from clubs, and also quite a few people staying at the hotel seemed to be on hen and stag trips so there was quite a lot of noise inside too. We were woken in the middle of the night by other guests in the corridor laughing and talking loudly. Which spoilt our stay somewhat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RedhillChiliPepper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here following a concert we attended at the "Open" venue. For us the hotel was well situated and although there was no on site parking there was a pay and display a short distance down the road - however be careful to pay the right amount for overnight parking.

The hotel is close to a nightclub so there was some external noise as we stayed on a Friday night so this is to be expected.

The room had obviously been recently refurbished and was the most presentable Travelodge we have ever stayed in, the bed was fantastic and so comfortable.

Booked early so was also a reasonable price for the night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Didn't realise there was no onsite parking, but found the pay and display after stopping at the reception.

Room was small, but was ok for what I needed it for.

Location was good though I could hear the clubs music at night, but Tracey the manager explained I could request a quieter room next time.

• Stayed April 2014
Sutton-in-ashfield
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent just the one night at this Travelodge, which we picked because of its central location. There was a nearby open air car park. The hotel was clean and well-maintained and had obviously just undergone a refurbishment. Previous reviews that I had read mentioned the potential for noise due to its central location but it is mostly surrounded by offices so I don't think that this is a big problem. The check-in was smooth and efficient and the room was clean and in good order. For the price and location you have to go a long way to beat a Travelodge room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Nottingham
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This report is written in mind that about 15 of us stayed here on a stag weekend and paid £10.00 a night each. (Stayed 14th - 16th March)

Check-in. We were checked in smoothly and easily by a young lady on reception. One of the lads asked for an extra room card and was given one without hesitation!

Room. My room was a triple and for what we paid I thought was excellent value for money.

Good Points: On the whole the staff were friendly, The inside of the building was very clean, The all you can eat breakfast was not too bad, Very good location from the bars and only about ten minutes walk from the train station and last but not least, as already said very good value for money.

Bad Points: When I asked a gentleman on reception a few hours after checking in for a second room card I was refused and told that it was only one per room, different from above??? I could not gain access to my room on the first night because my two friends were fast asleep and as not bang on and wake people up in other rooms I decided to sleep on my friends floor for the night in another room. When I went down to reception the next morning to get access to my room the very same gentleman was on reception and when I asked for someone to let me in my room he just gave me a room card without any questions??? The windows across the whole building from the outside were very, very dirty, thus needed to be cleaned more often.

Would I stay at this place again, yes if the need arises again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NottinghamPanthers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Standard travelodge. Apart from the nightclub next door that is open until 4am. I was in a room on the second floor and the bass kept me awake until the club closed. I live on a main road and am used to traffic noise but the constant and drumming bass sound kept me awake.

If I was made aware of this fact before I booked I woud have booked elsewhere.

Location fine and usual travelodge facilities just insist on a front-facing room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank mysterious_penguin
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your review mysterious_penguin. We are sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the noise level you experienced in your room. Whilst we aim to help our customers by placing details about external noises at our hotels on our website, we’d still like to apologise for the disruption to your stay as a result of the noise from the club. Unfortunately it is not always possible to fully reduce the noise that our guests might experience in their room. However, we make every effort to minimise the noise that might be heard from outside the hotel by having insulated walls and double glazed windows. We would like to provide a resolution for the issues you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.
all over the world
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice, no frills hotel, which provides what you would expect for the price. Close to the the railway station, this also involves it being quite close to Norwich's downmarket lively street, but we mentioned when checking in that we were worried about this and were given a quiet, high room at the back. During the daytime, this street is uber depressing, but you can quickly move away to either the castle or cathedral areas, making this a very convenient location - it's also close to the bus stop for the #25 to take you out to the Sainsbury Centre. The room was clean but cold, although that improved once I established how the heater worked. They had forgotten to provide soap, and towels were very budget, but we easily obtained a hair dryer and tea and coffee refills from reception. This is a perfectly adequate budget base to explore Norwich, which turned out to be a beautiful town.

Room Tip: TOP TIP: IF travelling as a couple, mention this when booking to establish that you are not part of...