“Good value for money”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room was better than expected. The clean and new looking bathroom had an excellent shower, the bed was king size and very comfortable, the room was modernly styled. The hotel was situated closely to the train station and centre of the city.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked well in advance so had a really good rate for our room, and once we had made the booking online, we called the hotel and the kindly receptionist (who amazingly remembered my name from a booking over a year ago) reserved a good room for us on the third floor and at the end of a corridor.

The receptionists, Emma and Chrissie, were kind and welcoming. They checked us in quickly without any problems and kindly pointed out the facilities at the hotel.

Travelodge have recently refurbished all their rooms and the bed was huge, nice and firm and with lovely plump pillows. The flat screen TV worked well, but, like other Travelodge Hotels, had a limited range of digital channels. We were lucky to have a bath/shower in our room - normally the rooms have showers only; and we were supplied with plenty of fresh soft white towels. We like the lighting system in the room where both room lights and reading lights can be operated from the bed itself. As usual, the room was spotlessly clean and well-serviced during the day when we were away.

Our room did not face over the street - it overlooked some residential flats in a quiet square behind the building - so we were not troubled by noise from nightclubs or the "boy racers" who often plague the streets around Prince of Wales Road late at night.

We like the hotel for its proximity to Norwich Cathedral (there is a handy footpath which cuts through to the tranquil Cathedral Close only yards from the front door) and the handy location not far from the bus stops, river and railway station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor so that you do not have people in rooms above you, and at the end...
1  Thank Jannie_X
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is a short walk from Norwich station (about 5 minutes) and about 10 minutes from the historic and imposing cathedral. It is about 15minutes to the city centre and the famous Lanes and markets. Our room is of the new-look Travelodge. A big, very comfortable bed, with big firm pillows, Spartan but spotlessly clean. The downside was the hotel's proximity to various night-clubs and late night venues and fast-food outlets. So it is quite noisy there, we could hear loud music from clubs, and also quite a few people staying at the hotel seemed to be on hen and stag trips so there was quite a lot of noise inside too. We were woken in the middle of the night by other guests in the corridor laughing and talking loudly. Which spoilt our stay somewhat.

1  Thank RedhillChiliPepper
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here following a concert we attended at the "Open" venue. For us the hotel was well situated and although there was no on site parking there was a pay and display a short distance down the road - however be careful to pay the right amount for overnight parking.

The hotel is close to a nightclub so there was some external noise as we stayed on a Friday night so this is to be expected.

The room had obviously been recently refurbished and was the most presentable Travelodge we have ever stayed in, the bed was fantastic and so comfortable.

Booked early so was also a reasonable price for the night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Didn't realise there was no onsite parking, but found the pay and display after stopping at the reception.

Room was small, but was ok for what I needed it for.

Location was good though I could hear the clubs music at night, but Tracey the manager explained I could request a quieter room next time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent just the one night at this Travelodge, which we picked because of its central location. There was a nearby open air car park. The hotel was clean and well-maintained and had obviously just undergone a refurbishment. Previous reviews that I had read mentioned the potential for noise due to its central location but it is mostly surrounded by offices so I don't think that this is a big problem. The check-in was smooth and efficient and the room was clean and in good order. For the price and location you have to go a long way to beat a Travelodge room.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This report is written in mind that about 15 of us stayed here on a stag weekend and paid £10.00 a night each. (Stayed 14th - 16th March)

Check-in. We were checked in smoothly and easily by a young lady on reception. One of the lads asked for an extra room card and was given one without hesitation!

Room. My room was a triple and for what we paid I thought was excellent value for money.

Good Points: On the whole the staff were friendly, The inside of the building was very clean, The all you can eat breakfast was not too bad, Very good location from the bars and only about ten minutes walk from the train station and last but not least, as already said very good value for money.

Bad Points: When I asked a gentleman on reception a few hours after checking in for a second room card I was refused and told that it was only one per room, different from above??? I could not gain access to my room on the first night because my two friends were fast asleep and as not bang on and wake people up in other rooms I decided to sleep on my friends floor for the night in another room. When I went down to reception the next morning to get access to my room the very same gentleman was on reception and when I asked for someone to let me in my room he just gave me a room card without any questions??? The windows across the whole building from the outside were very, very dirty, thus needed to be cleaned more often.

Would I stay at this place again, yes if the need arises again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends