Baby Buddha Chinese Teahouse
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Found this place via an old Guardian review for cheap eats in Norwich. The dim sum was fresh tasting and very reasonably priced. Would definitely stop here again when I'm next in Norwich.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

You can test if a Chinese restaurant outside China and Hongkong really serves good authentic Chinese foods if you see lots of Chinese people eating there. This one can attest to that. I thouroughly enjoyed all the food that we ordered. We will come back!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just come back from my second visit to Baby Buddha, a restaurant of which I had high regard. The food tonight was distinctly average. The starter was tasty enough, but the large bowl of noodle soup that I had for my main was just plain tasteless. Service was pleasant but I will be in no hurry to return. What a shame

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have eaten here before and were just as impressed by the quality and amount to eat as we have before. We went on a Monday and the restaurant was quite quiet which was, as far as we are concerned good as the normal level of noise is sometimes a little too much.

In essence if you want a good meal at a reasonable price in pleasant surrounding this is the place for you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My first visit to this restaurant with 3 friends who have been frequent diners there for many years was a very big disappointment. A Saturday, early evening, not particularly busy - but the waitress managed to get both the wine order and food order wrong!
The wine was disappointing and when we checked the label closely realised it was a cheaper one than we had ordered. ( We were busy chatting and should have checked more closely). Having consumed the first we then ordered and got what we'd wanted in the first place. One of the main meals was completely wrong and the hungry person had to sit and watch - and share - until his arrived about 15/20 mins later. To add insult to injury, when the bill arrived we had been charged for the wrong meal as well as the correct one!

The food is indifferent:- satay prawn skewers are 2 small, overcooked prawns per skewer with a few veg bits, butterfly prawns also overcooked, the squid was ok - but you have to ask for a dipping sauce as it doesn't come with any..
Mains were ok- just general standard ordinary buffet fare.
All overshadowed by the confusion of the wrong main course.

The final insult was the bill and finding that we had being charged for the wrongly ordered main course. It was amended, but - apart from a lot of lip service 'I'm sorrys'- it felt like a rip-off. They do have a disclaimer on the front page of the menu saying to please check your bill - but that it may come back higher. (Implying that any mistakes would be in the favour of the customer. I wonder how often that actually does happen)
We then spoke to the owner who agreed to charge us for only 2 glasses of the first bottle wine - resulting in a £7 pound reduction in a bill of well over £100.
I feel this is a very poor way to treat customers that the owner claims to have known for years - and I personally will never go back pay money to this arrogant owner.