“Always good”

Ranked #149 of 857 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$22 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Old meets new at Norwich���s Roti, a sublime Indian restaurant situated just five minutes from the city centre. Great care has gone in to the creation of the Roti dining room, at one time a traditional pub but now a clean, sleek space in which modern comfort is as central to the design as the look, intended to bring to mind the old gentlemen���s clubs of the Empire era. Booking is essential as Roti tends to get very busy, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings when locals flock for food before letting their hair down in the bars and clubs in town. It���s easy to see why this place is so popular, not only is the service friendly but Roti���s food is superb, earning plentiful good reviews from internet reviewers and five stars from the Norwich Evening News. Banned from using artificial additives, the kitchen relies only on natural ingredients, some imported from India for authenticity, to produce flavoursome and authentic Bangladeshi and Indian dishes.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a favourite for myself, dad and brother. The food is always of good quality, the service friendly and the atmosphere calm and relaxing.
One to return to.

1  Thank WorldFoodie32

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Food was nice, but everything seemed rushed! This made for a strange experience. Staff were on the ball but we prefer a more relaxed atmosphere when eating out, cheers

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Phoned up as a last minute thought and as we eat early were booked in with no problems. Very friendly staff, though one was obviously a smoker and I suppose if we weren't non smokers we might not have even noticed. A nice clean place and the staff well presented.
Food was lovely in fact ALMOST the best curry I've had recently, as it was our first visit and we enjoyed our meal so much,we will be returning.

2  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've now visited a number of times over the last couple of years & we're still coming back!

This visit we bought my folks - my mum has never eaten Indian food before so we waited with baited breath.... The lamb tikka, vegetable side dish & breads got a thumbs up!

2  Thank B P
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Got a takeaway from here and it is the worst Iv ever had! The chicken tasted off and the mint yogurt smelt and tasted like glue the fumes of it made my eyes water. Will never order from there again I'm just glad I didn't bother to eat in where it would have been even more of a waste of money. Also I walk past there regularly and have recently noticed kitchen staff smoking outside in uniform and with apron on. Not nice

4  Thank Charleneo87