“Good”

Ranked #142 of 835 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$22 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Old meets new at Norwich���s Roti, a sublime Indian restaurant situated just five minutes from the city centre. Great care has gone in to the creation of the Roti dining room, at one time a traditional pub but now a clean, sleek space in which modern comfort is as central to the design as the look, intended to bring to mind the old gentlemen���s clubs of the Empire era. Booking is essential as Roti tends to get very busy, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings when locals flock for food before letting their hair down in the bars and clubs in town. It���s easy to see why this place is so popular, not only is the service friendly but Roti���s food is superb, earning plentiful good reviews from internet reviewers and five stars from the Norwich Evening News. Banned from using artificial additives, the kitchen relies only on natural ingredients, some imported from India for authenticity, to produce flavoursome and authentic Bangladeshi and Indian dishes.
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The Roti was always my top favourite in Norwich but it wasn't quite as good this time. I felt that the food wasn't cooked with as much attention as on previous regular visits. Hoping that their success isn't leading to complacency.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank motorhomelifer

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an absolute gem!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Being an avid fan of Indian cuisine I am always extremely cautious when trying out a new restaurant. I was recommended this place by a friend, as I often visit the area for both business and leisure. Baring in mind I live in East London, and we do have some of the best Indian restaurants in the country... So, I'll try to be objective with some pros and cons...

Pros - vibrant atmosphere, friendly and efficient staff, AMAZING food! No really, this place is in my top 5 in the entire country! Their signature dish, the Danyaa chicken is my personal favourite! My 8 year old son absolutely loves the place!

Cons - well... it's not nearer to me. That's pretty much all I can think of.

Definitely worth a visit, I'll be going back! I've tried most of the other Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants in the area and they don't even come close! I would recommend calling in advance on weekends though because they get really busy, I didn't see a single empty table.

One request -- Open another one in London please!!!

“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After many friends advising us on this place we did that and got booked in.Well what an error of judgement that was. Firstly the service is slow and to top that off the food was standard at best. Most dishes tasted the similar which we found odd. Norwich really does lack a high end authentic Indian which is a shame as its a popular type of food theses days. Would we return. NO

1 Thank Sarah O
Norwich, United Kingdom
“first class restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Roti has become a regular for me and my family. Always a friendly welcome accompanied by great food at a reasonable price. We have been to many Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants in the UK, but never had better.

1 Thank pc431
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice place great take out”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Eaten as takeout and in restaurant. Great flavor and service for the price. Definitely return place. Mmmmm papadoms

1 Thank sregenfuss