“Good place to eat.”

Giraffe World Kitchen
Ranked #214 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: There’s a whole world of food out there just waiting to be explored. A world of spices and colours, sizzles and smells. Of secret recipes and even more secret ingredients, passed across tables in noisy restaurants and down through generations. Flavours we can’t even describe. In combinations you wouldn’t believe. For us, there’s nothing more exciting than discovering these tastes. It’s our passion. Our obsession. It gets us up in the morning and into the kitchen, never knowing exactly what we’ll come across next. A fantastic 2 storey restaurant on Chapelfield Plain, just outside the Shopping Centre and within moments of the theatre - perfect for pre or post-show dining! With outside seating & a balcony on the first floor, make the most of these in-demand seats in summer time. Our upstairs dining level is available to book for private events and can accomodate up to 100 (or 50 seated)! We cater for all occasions from a working breakfast to a children's party with bespoke food menus available on request. There is a separate bar and an outside balcony. Hire of the area is free - what better place to celebrate your special occasion! Sorry but there is no step-free/lift access to the upper level.
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My daughter and I went to Giraffe in Norwich twice for dinner. Both times we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. In England we hadn't had much luck finding good places to eat so we were happy to find this one. Both nights we ordered from the appetizer menu and enjoyed what we ate. The atmosphere was pleasant and the servers were very nice and helpful. I would go back there to enjoy a meal again if I had the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

The prwan and chicken salad gave me food poisoning. DON'T do
It.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Went for early lunch with several friends. I chose the brunch which is pricey at £8.25. The description sounded delicious so was expecting good things. I was , however , very disappointed. Was served two very streaky, greasy rashers of bacon from which I was able to cut out about a teaspoon of edible meat. Two tablespoons of beans, one tiny sausage and three triangles of toast. I have to say the poached egg was perfectly cooked and lovely but 8 quid for an egg is one expensive egg! The waitress was pleasant despite calling us 'my lovelies' which I personally find annoying but some people find nice . Wouldn't go again, better off next door in macintoshes canteen.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Food and venue are quite nice. For a chain the food is good, but not the best in town nor a patch on the Tootsies restaurant this place used to be. What is offers is the location, which is good when out shopping and the outside areas are nice on a sunny day. However the service is poor once seated, rushing you to order, then ignoring you when you ask for the bill, leaving Me waiting for half any hour one time despite several reminders.

Watch out for the bill too. They keep very quiet about the compulsory10% tip they hide in it and automatically charge. If you leave a tip you will end up doing it twice. They are not the only ones to do this trick but the level of service I have experienced does not deserve it.

After three tries of similar experience I will avoid from now on.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Went for a meal on a Saturday early evening with my parents and brother for a quick meal after a day out.
I had a chicken, prawn and mango salad with a tequila and lime dressing- absolutely beautiful, prawns were some of the nicest I have had and it was obviously freshly prepared as mine came without the nuts as I had asked. My mother had nachos with were obviously homemade and the toppings were full of flavour, fresh and again homemade. Both my father and brother had burgers, and although the small portion of chips could have been bigger they both definately enjoyed them.
We shared a bottle of red wine which was very enjoyable and very good value for money.
I work as a waitress part time while I am a student and therefore we did not refuse to pay the service charge because we know how little they get paid first hand. However the service left much to be desired, the waitress probably spent all of 1 minute at the table during the meal. She didn't even open let alone pour our wine, and when we asked for some water it was just dumped on the table. It wasn't that the service was bad it just needs a more personal touch and a friendlier face.
Good place to go when looking for a quick meal but not somewhere to sit and enjoy!