“Nice Family Meal”

Giraffe World Kitchen
Ranked #219 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: There’s a whole world of food out there just waiting to be explored. A world of spices and colours, sizzles and smells. Of secret recipes and even more secret ingredients, passed across tables in noisy restaurants and down through generations. Flavours we can’t even describe. In combinations you wouldn’t believe. For us, there’s nothing more exciting than discovering these tastes. It’s our passion. Our obsession. It gets us up in the morning and into the kitchen, never knowing exactly what we’ll come across next. A fantastic 2 storey restaurant on Chapelfield Plain, just outside the Shopping Centre and within moments of the theatre - perfect for pre or post-show dining! With outside seating & a balcony on the first floor, make the most of these in-demand seats in summer time. Our upstairs dining level is available to book for private events and can accomodate up to 100 (or 50 seated)! We cater for all occasions from a working breakfast to a children's party with bespoke food menus available on request. There is a separate bar and an outside balcony. Hire of the area is free - what better place to celebrate your special occasion! Sorry but there is no step-free/lift access to the upper level.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family visited Giraffe early on a Saturday evening and had a nice experience. Our waitress was polite and helpful, even with us ordering drinks in dribs and drabs and my awkward dietary requirements. I would say that the starters here are slightly over-priced for what you get but that is how it normally goes in chain restaurants. Main courses were all good, my steak was cooked properly and everyone was too full for desserts, which doesn't normally happen with my family.

The wine was also pretty good for one of the cheaper bottles on the list, which makes a nice change from the norm!

The restaurant is spacious, you don't feel squished next to other tables but when we visited there were lots and lots of children having birthday meals etc... That's great if you are also eating as a family but might be slightly odd if you were eating as a couple or group of friends. I would recommend going later on in the evening if that is the case.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I'd never been here previously but got the impression it was aimed at families with children. Had just sat down when the first tired child decided to throw a paddy which was not helped by parents who seemed to ignore the problem. I think the staff handled the situation much better than I would have done and managed to placate the infant. Whitefish goujons starter okay, Nachos with cheese and chillies recommended. Giraffe burger okay (warm not hot) but my preference would be for iceberg lettuce and English or dutch tomatoes. Fries nicely presented and good selection of condiments. Drinks reasonably priced and the staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Overall okay food excellent staff.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

A favourite of mine, a diverse and interesting menu (Not yet another italian menu!), all at reasonable prices and finished off with friendly and attentive staff! My partner and I eat here regularly and would recommend to anyone! Don't be put off by the fact it is a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lunched with family and it was ok. Better value than Gourmet Burger next door. Only downside was that we all chose of the lunch special menu but when the bill came 2 of the 3 meals were at full menu price. Waitress claimed she asked us at time of ordering but we didnt hear anything and I was pointing at the items ordered on the lunch menu while giving the order. After she consulted the manager the bill was reduced to the correct amount so sorted in the end. I did hear a nearby table saying the same thing had been done on their bill so I dont know how they get it wrong. I also dont like the automatic addition of an 'optional' 10% gratuity. You have to ask to have that removed if you dont want to pay it.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The staff are very good.. could not fault the service. The food was nice and okay. . Which is disappointing as I think at £11+ per main it should be more than nice and okay. Portion size just okay. Sort it out Giraffe Head Office!!! Put as much time into your food as you do your staff training..... As for the 10% service charge Aaaaaarghhhh No need let us decide if we are tipping... it puts your staff in a bad place when we say take it off!!!!