“Not if time is short”

Giraffe Norwich
Ranked #279 of 823 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
East Anglia
“Not if time is short”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Decided to have a late lunch, the restaurant didn't appear to be too busy but we still had to wait for a table. The Service was very pleasant & friendly but we did have to wait a l o n g time for our meals. The meals were very pleasant though.

• Visited March 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice Family Meal”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family visited Giraffe early on a Saturday evening and had a nice experience. Our waitress was polite and helpful, even with us ordering drinks in dribs and drabs and my awkward dietary requirements. I would say that the starters here are slightly over-priced for what you get but that is how it normally goes in chain restaurants. Main courses were all good, my steak was cooked properly and everyone was too full for desserts, which doesn't normally happen with my family.

The wine was also pretty good for one of the cheaper bottles on the list, which makes a nice change from the norm!

The restaurant is spacious, you don't feel squished next to other tables but when we visited there were lots and lots of children having birthday meals etc... That's great if you are also eating as a family but might be slightly odd if you were eating as a couple or group of friends. I would recommend going later on in the evening if that is the case.

Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Nice Friendly Helpful staff make up for the okay food.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I'd never been here previously but got the impression it was aimed at families with children. Had just sat down when the first tired child decided to throw a paddy which was not helped by parents who seemed to ignore the problem. I think the staff handled the situation much better than I would have done and managed to placate the infant. Whitefish goujons starter okay, Nachos with cheese and chillies recommended. Giraffe burger okay (warm not hot) but my preference would be for iceberg lettuce and English or dutch tomatoes. Fries nicely presented and good selection of condiments. Drinks reasonably priced and the staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Overall okay food excellent staff.

• Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great menu & superb service!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A favourite of mine, a diverse and interesting menu (Not yet another italian menu!), all at reasonable prices and finished off with friendly and attentive staff! My partner and I eat here regularly and would recommend to anyone! Don't be put off by the fact it is a chain restaurant.

Acle, United Kingdom
“Reasonable lunch”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lunched with family and it was ok. Better value than Gourmet Burger next door. Only downside was that we all chose of the lunch special menu but when the bill came 2 of the 3 meals were at full menu price. Waitress claimed she asked us at time of ordering but we didnt hear anything and I was pointing at the items ordered on the lunch menu while giving the order. After she consulted the manager the bill was reduced to the correct amount so sorted in the end. I did hear a nearby table saying the same thing had been done on their bill so I dont know how they get it wrong. I also dont like the automatic addition of an 'optional' 10% gratuity. You have to ask to have that removed if you dont want to pay it.