“Lovely place, ok food and pot luck service! ”
Review of Gibraltar Gardens

Gibraltar Gardens
Ranked #371 of 903 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Family lunch on a very hot afternoon, lovely shady spot next to the river, very pretty apart from fag butts on the floor...Being Sunday was hoping for a roast but not on offer so went with normal menu, average mains, good pud. Staff friendly and not so much...bit confusing but worth it for the outdoor space.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Wow. What a gem. Group of us visited for Sunday lunch. We all chose the carvery. Choice of 4 meats. Lovely and fresh. Varied vegetables and unlike most carveries not overcooked. Free parking. Pleasant and friendly staff. If I was to nit pick them no fresh milk with coffees only sachet milk. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Beautiful pub, in a lovely location, never lets us down, friendly helpful staff, and the food is gorgeous, had many different dishes, all cooked perfectly...will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely sunny afternoon brought us to the Gibraltar Gardens as we were able to pick a nice spot in the gardens by the river. I chose a prawn mayo sandwich which came with salad and crisps, and a side of chips. Hubby chose fish and chips. As a surprise he also order onion rings as a side knowing they were a favourite of mine! The onion rings looked home made and looked good. However they were so greasy and full of batter that you couldn’t actually find or taste the onion. Neither the onion rings or the chips were hot when they were brought out to us either. Hubby didn’t make much comment on his fish and chips which told me everything. Whilst my prawn sandwich was full of prawns the bread was very dry as if it had been cut and sitting out uncovered for some considerable time. I could only eat one half because of this. Sadly as soon as I had eaten I had a really upset stomach which lasted all evening. This is one place I don’t fancy returning to for food.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Met up with a colleague for lunch and it was lovely. I went with traditional scampi and chips and enjoyed it. Very good portions. It wasn’t crowded so was lovely to just eat and chat.