“Lunch menu”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Lunch menu”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself had a lunch time meal here this week , we both had crispy cups for starter( pork and prawn mix in a deep fried batter cup ) followed by chicken green thai curry with fragrant rice for me and stir fried cashews with chicken for my partner .we both had a coke although a glass of wine is included in the 2 course lunchtime set meal . The service was attentive and prompt all for the fixed price of £9.95 ea .
This restaurant is a real gem tucked away off a very busy street , if you can tackle the 3 flights of steps you won't be disappointed .

Visited November 2013

nowhere
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice food and service - I would return, which is always a complement. I was eating alone so on a Monday night so the atmosphere wasn't bouncing, but was great for reading the paper!

• Visited November 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic Thai”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We visited here for a meal when my mum and her partner came up to visit and since we'd visited two other Thai restaurants in Norwich before we thought we'd try this place. I can say it was better than the two other places. Atmosphere was great, waitresses were friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic. We had mixed starters, tempura vegetables and green curry cups all were excellent. I can highly recommend the green curry cups-superb. I then had a king prawn green curry which was fantastic loads of prawns and a wonderful creamy, spicy, fragrant flavour. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My mum also had the green curry but with mixed seafood and she also thought it was excellent. My partner had duck red curry which was so tasty. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food. My mum asked for plain noodles (not on the menu) and they happily accommodated her request. All in all I thought it was an excellent experience. Yes the waterfall is quite noisy but it's also wonderfully crafted and quite a centre piece for the restaurant and did not detract from the dining experience at all. If you're looking for good authentic Thai then visit Baan Phraya.

“Run of the mill Thai”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had the mixed starters, a deep fried affair that can be bought from places like makro. We had several dishes which were of modest quantity and quality but ok. There is a pretty but really noisy waterfall which really limits conversation. It's not particularly well attended and unless they up their game they may fall victim to the competition provided by maybe six other Thais in norwich.
It's ok but in truth you could get as good if not better meal from m and s. Pity as staff actually try quite hard

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Regularguy60
David T, Manager at Baan Phraya Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
I'm all for constructive criticism, but I'm afraid this is not. I can see some affiliation to another establishment written all over this.

All our food is made in-house by our Thai chefs and as you'll see from the vast majority of reviews our customers really enjoy that aspect. We do not buy ready-made starters or any othe dishes from any wholesaler or distributor, they are freshly hand-made with authentic Thai ingredients.

You obviously visited on a quiet night. All restaurants have these but on the whole we have a thriving, busy restaurant the majority of the time.

Our service staff are excellent, which you kind of allude to through gritted teeth. They take great pride in their work and always work with kindness and professionalism.

Enjoy your m & s ready meal.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Not quite 5 star”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Visited Baan Phraya on Saturday night and it was only half full. Nice decor and we found the waterfall amusing but can understand why some would find it annoying.
Had the mixed starters to begin with and then ordered various meat and prawn dishes with rice for the main. Service was very good and attentive Nice touch was the Thai dance. Very good bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. However, I would only give the food a four star rating as we have eaten in many Thai restaurants and in Thailand itself but felt the food was a bit lacking in depth and complexity of flavour but it was fresh and tasty. The hot desserts were good.

• Visited September 2013
David T, Owner at Baan Phraya Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for visiting Baan Phraya and taking the time to post a review.

I'm pleased you enjoyed our restaurant, the wine, the Thai dance and appreciated the excellent service our staff provide.

The waterfall is an excellent, traditional Thai feature and is very popular with the regular customers. Many first time visitors have their photograph taken in front of it as it was handmade to our specification in Thailand.

As you mention, our food is always fresh, hence we can cook meals to customer specifications on the night. We have top class, experienced Thai chefs so our food is always authentic, particularly as we use tradiitional and authentic Thai ingredients.

We hope to see you again soon at Baan Phraya.