The Beeches Hotel
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
US$262
US$227
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am an older woman and was on a business trip. The company booked me into the Beeches for my final night. The locations was great. However, there was no reception and the staff I found were unfriendly and defensive. Once I had been given the entry code (begrudgingly) - I found the room and decided I could not stay there. Might have been ok if you were a builder working away (but even then - I'm sure some builders would want more). It did not feel safe and it did not seem particularly clean. The duvet cover was all creased as though it had been left screwed up for awhile - the window was whitewashed over (to save having curtain?) and there was a general run down feeling. I told reception I could not stay and as I returned to my car - a large man in a dark suite shouted to ask if he could help me - in a tone that indicated there would be an argument. I said 'no' and just drove off and left. This company have an 'attitude' - maybe they are setting up for newly arrived immigrants to use because they won't stay in business in a general way.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank woowoo77
Reviewed 31 December 2013

They took £100 from my card for "damage" that was already there when we got the room. Nobody cleaned the room during the entire stay. Mattress was disgusting: no cover ancient and stained. Walls were marked and dirty. Huge cobwebs in the first room. Pillows were revolting. Stay well AWAY!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank SummerLazy
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Five nice Victorian buildings in this area have been turned into cheap hotels by this company and it shows. The properties are unsupervised and access is problematic. Location is excellent but a good night cannot be guaranteed at weekends as local teenagers hire them for parties.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank edwinball
Reviewed 14 December 2013

stayed here 12 dec with my son, 25 pounds for a twin room.
location excellent, short walk to town.
key codes worked well, parking avail on site
as we walked in the main door there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke
and a mouldy smell, quite strong.
the rooms are basic we stayed in nbr 5 room upstairs and on the main road.
traffic/road noise so use earplugs...
the room had a small flat screen tv built in dvd with one channel only.
jug/tea coffee/sugar
microwave oven as well
more than what i expected.
bathroom was small/old,water warm to hot low pressure from the shower, average condition, but clean dirty, if that makes sense....
windows painted glass with no curtains, pained closed except for one that would open 6inches.
two single beds very comfortable.
heating was excellent, maybe too hot but comfortable
if your expecting 5 star you will be disapointed, its very basic and great value for 25 pounds.
would i stay there with my wife? well i would need to sell it...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend on 31/10/13 for one night.

From outside the hotel looks like a derelict haunted house (appropriate indeed given the date of our trip) but it would appear white washed windows are an all round feature here.

Upon arrival, our room code did not work. We contacted MJB and were provided an alternate number but customer care was definitely lacking, we were made to feel like an inconvenience.

The cold tap in our bathroom did not work, neither did the kettle provided, so no drinking water for us.

The beds were old and in desperate need of replacing while the cleanliness as a whole was not reasonable.

We complained to Booking.com and were advised our comments were sent direct to MJB. So far this has just been ignored.

Norwich is a beautiful city and I spent 3 brilliant years living there. Please book yourself in to a travelodge at the least and give the Beeches Hotel a sure fine miss.

• Stayed: October 2013