“Stay clear of this place”
Review of The Beeches Hotel

The Beeches Hotel
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On first impressions it's what you'd expect for a cheap place.room was clean but like an oven.the blinds had no draw string so they stayed down and the window was only open 4 inches as there were two screws blocking the runner.i did what the signage said and registered my vehicle, happy days...no, at 03.05am, the company's traffic wardens came round and slapped a £100 parking ticket on my van.apperently I had not registered my van properly.be very careful about staying in this place and if at all possible stay clear of it.its a money making scam.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Leonard B
There are newer reviews for The Beeches Hotel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here with my wife and her parents to attend graduation at the UEA. We booked this hotel based on the price, and convenience for the Uni and the city centre.

I recently cycled across Eastern Europe and, in six weeks of soviet-era hotels and backpacker hostels, never stayed in a hotel as disgusting as The Beeches.

The smell that hit us when we opened the bedroom door was like sticking your head into a damp wetsuit. The carpet clearly hadn't been cleaned in ages (I really hope someone had dropped some chocolate on the floor, but it may have been faeces).
There was no shower over the bath, just the capped off plumbing for one and a ripped shower curtain.
A fridge, microwave, kettle and three mugs were provided. The mugs were dirty, and we didn't dare look in the fridge or microwave.
There was a sign up in the carpark to register your car with the hotel - I missed this, and got a £60 fine. My father-in-law did register his car, and got two £60 fines. When he complained about this to the receptionist, she threw his phone on the floor.
In the hotel's favour - the location is good, just a few minutes walk from the town centre.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
6  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had the worst nights sleep ever! Bed was uncomfortable, there is no privacy having booked a twin room, the washing facilities were not private. fire alarm went off at 5:30am, lasting for approximately 20 minutes

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Chazney24
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived and I text the car details as requested so that we would not get a parking ticket, we woke up the following morning with a £100 fine. The hotel "lobby" area was filthy and clearly had not been hoovered in months. Our bed sheets had lipstick stains on, the towel had stains on, there was hair all around the bathroom, dents and cracks in the walls, a blood stain (and various other stains) on the walls, the shower head was not really powerful enough to even have a shower- we had to use the kettle to wash hair - the hot taps for both the bath and sink did not even turn on, there were no curtains or blind on the windows, they were simply painted - we stayed in the hottest week of the year so far and so had to have the window open, but people could from the carpark could see straight into our bedroom. I paid £40 per night for this, not a huge amount compared to some hotels but the least I would expect for my money would be a clean room with clean linen. We were due to stay two nights but left after one. Was not that enjoyable to get ready for my graduation in that mess! We would definitely not stay here again and would not recommend that anyone else does!

Room Tip: Just don't go!
6  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The room was spacious but it was too hot ! no fan , window and I was suffocated ! I couldn't breath ! And the room was too drunk and spooky ! The bedcovers were so old ( older than my great - grandparents ) and not very clean . Towels were horrible ( I feel like I'd catch a disease if I touch them ) staff need to take their chill pill !!!!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Joyalexandria
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I received a parking ticket from the hotel's car park. When we checked in they had failed to warn us that we had to text our details to the car park management company. The people in the office refused to help us and very rudely told us it was our problem.

The hotel is old, run-down and very dirty and customer assistance is non-existent. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sally E
Reviewed 9 July 2014

absolute rip off! disgusting place. iv stayed in cheap hostels travelling the world and this was the worst place I have ever stayed. The minimum I would expect from any place is clean fresh linen. But for £40 I would also expect a clean hotel and room and some customer service. Real shame as I feel this hotel under better management has potential to be great, nice location and close to Norwich city. Shame no effort is made at all, which attracts the wrong type of guests too. Car park is a total scam and effort, you should be able to park all previous day and day of check out like most places. Check in and out times are a joke, why such a late check in, 4pm, when u are pushed out your room at 10am on the dot with a rude call half hour before? certainly not using the time to clean the rooms!! Hurrendous place and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemies!
to sum up: dirty, smelly, mould everywhere, rust everywhere, damp, windows tinted out, dirty smelly faded bedding, stained carpet, no flooring in the bathroom, hallway dust bunnies and hair everywhere. Rude unhelpful staff. car park scam. brothel. noisy chavvy guests

As a student and traveller I was appalled at this hotel especially at £40. And honestly I don't part with money well but I would honestly say if It means spending more to avoid this place do it!! Anywho Im off for a blood test see if I caught anything...

Room Tip: all rooms are filthy and disgusting. do not go here!!
2  Thank tanya r