Booked a night here (good rate) as had never visited Norwich and wanted somewhere central. Enjoyed stay overall but this is a property with a very split personality...
- Main reception building had recently been made over in modern style, but our accomodation was in separate Victorian house that had last been decorated in the '70s. Depressing public spaces and old furniture in the corridors etc. However...
- It was a decent room (very large) with attractive views and perfectly OK for the price.
- Clean bathroom and amenities OK
Even though this separate building was very tired would recommend it over the main hotel as it was very tranquil... the main building is right on a busy road, and any rooms fronting the property must be extremely noisy.
The staff are friendly and the breakfast perfectly OK (in a recently decorated conservatory-style room).
The main appeal of the hotel is its location next to (and extending into) a fascinating Victorian garden with lots of Gothic architectural details.
A rather mixed experience, but if you don't mind inconsistency worth trying (but make sure that you specifiy a room at the back!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Beeches Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beeches Hotel Norwich
- Beeches Norwich
- The Beeches Hotel Norwich, Norfolk