“What no swimmng pool in July ?”

Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Cullompton, United Kingdom
“What no swimmng pool in July ?”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Packed my swimming costume looking forward to a swim after a day out .Pool closed for refurbishment ,very disappointed!This is summer .Why not refurbish in winter?
Room was nice and spacious ,bed comfy .We had a room with refurbished bathroom ,but the tap was set in so far from the wash basin that it was impossible to was hands without getting water all over the unit'
The first night service in resteraunt was very poor ,waited ages to be acknowledged.Main meal dirty plates were not collected so remained on table while we were having our sweet .Pork on the next evening was very raw,not good for pork .
Food was mainly carvery and a couple of casseroles .Roast beef was repeated on third day .After commenting that Lamb or chicken would be a nice changed,it was served the following day!
The sweet consisted of three or four different gateaus or fruit salad.Some days there was a cheese cake .
Breakfasts were fine! Service improved as the week went on .
This was a coach holiday and very much enjoyed ,but the Hotel could have made it much more enjoyable .

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been refurbished .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

I'm sorry your coach company did not inform you about our refurbishment, they were fully aware of it. There is never a good time to do work in any hotel and whilst we do our best to limit disruption it is always inevitable that somebody somewhere will not be happy with what we do and as our work was scheduled for this period there was nothing we could do about it.

I'm sorry you had problems with the food we had very good feedback from the rest of the tour!

The hotel will be completed in early February 2015 so I hope if you're travelling to this area again you'll stay with us again and see all of the work we've had done.

Bill Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
mansfield
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed 1 night at this hotel for fairly close proximity to Snetterton racetrack.
Easy check in with info how to register car for car park. Good sized room with extremely comfy bed and pillows, bathroom very dissapointing, dated but clean although lots of rust around bath seal and taps, plenty of towels though, you do need to have extra long arms to reach the loo roll from the loo though.
I was using IHG rewards to pay for the stay but wasn't offered any info on breakfast or use of the facilities.
A wedding was taking place in the hotel at the time of our stay and it felt like this was taking priority.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and I am discussing your other comments with the relevant departments to ensure we do not have repeat issues.

You probably saw that the hotel is undergoing a full refurbishment and we are all looking forward to seeing the hotel as a brand new product at that time it will be the premier property in Norwich so I do hope you'll come back and see us again once the work is complete.

Thank you again for your review.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My new company booked this hotel for me to be close to the training centre for five nights. Prior to my departure I had read several bad reviews on Tripadvisor. I found all the staff friendly and helpful. The room clean with all the extras, toiletries, tea, coffee, etc. even a note to say that if you had forgotten certain items, i.e. nail file they would supply free of charge., which I thought was a nice touch. Plenty of choice for breakfast in the morning, staff bring tea or coffee to your table. Evening meals were more than adequate. My only complaint was the price of the house white wine, same as West End, London. Special thanks to Leigh, the night porter who helped me in a difficult situation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review and I'm really pleased you had such a great stay with us. The hotel is now undergoing a full refurbishment programme and we are all looking forward to the seeing the finished product.

At Holiday Inn we always try and offer our guests those little extra touches and providing forgotten items is one of those things and it's surprising how many of us forget things when we pack in a rush to travel!

Sorry you found the wine prices a little high it is something we're looking at.

Thanks again for your review.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a transit Hotel. Do not stay here if you want Gourmet food and a lazy relaxed start to your day. Very close proximity to the Airport means early morning noise. Visited here on a Coach trip, staying 4 nights. I read some of the reviews before leaving home and dreaded what we might find. Pleasantly pleased with our room, reasonably modern bathroom and clean possibly new carpet. Clearly a major refurb project in progress.
Unfortunately, our stay coincided with the installation of a new Computer system! I appreciate that this means extra staff training on the new system, but as a paying customer I do not expect to be kept waiting at the bar or in the Restaurant while the staff huddle around the "screen" and have my request for service answered with "I'll be with you in a minute".
Breakfast staff were extremely efficient and helpful, but the evening "team" were on another planet. Was very disappointed with the quality and range of food on offer, for an allegedly 4 star Hotel. Nothing like any other 4 Star I've ever stayed in.

Good luck with the Refurbishment, Mr Heath,and may I suggest that once the Hotel refurb has been completed, you make a start on re-educating certain members of your staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hrhvic2ria
Thank you for your review and I am obviously disappointed by your comments. I appreciate customers should not have to wait for service and whilst we did training in a mock situation sometimes you cannot train for when you are "Live" and dealing with customers face to face. We did all we could to limit any wait time but obviously not enough for which I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry you did not like the food we offered, had you discussed this with me as you know I sit in the lobby at my desk then I'm sure we could have resolved any issues during your stay. There is very little I can do about it after you have been here for four days and then left without telling us and then writing it on TA!

On a positive note I'm glad you liked the team on breakfast and I've passed your comments about the evening team onto my Food and Beverage Manager for review.

We are investing millions of pounds into this property and I hope that once it's completed you'll have an opportunity to visit us again when you may wish to leave a more favourable review and a higher score than one.

Bill Heath

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed Holiday Inn Norwich North; having got married on the 21st of June we thought we deserved a mini moon as the our main honeymoon is in December.

• Great check in! - offered help with luggage, wakeup calls and complimentary newspaper in the mornings
• Nice big suite, spacious light and airy
• Breakfast was amazing, homemade breads were a delight
• Hotel staff from housekeeping to the pool staff were all friendly your pool was quiet and inviting shame about the whirlpool
• Large complimentary car park
• Late check out on the Sunday with no time restrictions was really welcomed

• The whirlpool was out of order during our stay (this was one of the main reasons we booked your hotel) nevertheless the pool its self was ok

I would rate our stay three out of five.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay.

As on previous reviews we have now entered a full refurbishment of the property and as of today the pool hall and gym are being refurbished.

It's a very exciting time for the me and the team and we're looking forward to being able to welcome both old a new guests to our amazing new hotel once it's all complete.

Thank you again for your review.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in room 315 on Monday night 30th June 2014 and paid the rate of £154 for one night including breakfast. When i booked it is mentioned as a DELUXE room and i asked my company to pay for this. However after check-in i noticed dirty/ old fashion bathroom which i couldn't even take a shower. I mentioned this to the reception and she accepted and said “we are aware of this”. But i asked her for the price of £154 i could have stayed in much better place. She apologised and said she can't do anything only calling manager!! The Premier Inn next to this hotel is a minuet walk and half the price and cleaner. See attached photos.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As I have previously mentioned we are in the process of a full refurbishment which will rectify the problems with the grout in the bathroom.

I am aware the hotel is dated however had you asked to be moved we would have been more than happy to help you and relocate you to a room that was more suitable. The grout has darkened with age and water damage so I'm unsure as to why you could not use the shower as I did check the room after your departure and it is not dirty but the grout is very black as you have pointed out on the pictures you have posted onto TA.

I hope you'll stay with us again once we have completed our refurbishment in the meantime if you are coming back please contact me directly and I'll make sure you're in one of our newly refurbished bathrooms.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

service lovely.Lovely 3 course meal.Lovely lively entertainment. night was brilliant staff was brilliant.place was lovely and clean .taxis standing by .all women and we'll behaved kind off .but everything went how it should happy ness

• Stayed July 2013
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm delighted you had such a great night, we've had some superb feedback but yours is the first written one so thank you.

We have just started a refurbishment of the whole hotel and the Lancaster Suite is going to be amazing as we're having new lights, sound system carpets etc etc etc we can't wait and it will look fantastic once it's done.

Our Christmas brochure is now available so call or email us and we'll get one out to you as we have some great acts on over the December period from a Christmas Good Girl special to a superb Masquerade Ball...........................something to suit everybody.

Thank you again for you review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.