“Thank you to all the staff who looked after my grandson, husband and myself” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel

Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
england
“Thank you to all the staff who looked after my grandson, husband and myself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

We were meet with a smile (which not all hotels give) all the staff we met were happy and helpful. The chamber maid sat our grandson's teddy up reading a book on his bed, this made him smile and us. Room was spotless, as was all the hotel. The restaurant staff were great nothing was to much trouble for them. My only criticism was that the carvery food was not labled, so we were not sure what meat was in the stew/sauce.
That said, we do plan to return next year as over all you can not fault the service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tigg58
PANorwich, P.A. at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto this website.

We were pleased to read that your stay with us was a comfortable one and in particular that you found our staff helpful and friendly. The Hotel teams always endeavour to deliver excellent customer service above and beyond our competitors and we were pleased to read that this has come across during your stay.

We’re glad that you enjoyed the Carvery meal which you had in our restaurant, thank you for your comment regarding labelling the food this has been passed on to our Head Chef.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich North next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Norwich for a family wedding in July 2010. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the Airport and is approximately a 15 minute drive from the city centre.

The first thing is that there is considerable parking for the hotel and we had no problem finding a space even though the Hotel was fully booked and had a wedding on. We arrived at 1500hrs on the Friday and booking in took less that five minutes. On arrival we were informed that being card holders we had been upgraded to an executive room for no extra cost.

The room itself was more than adequate, spotlessly clean and with a large comfortable double bed. We had a view over the grounds at the back and it was quiet and pleasant. My only grumble is that we still had an old style CRT Television in the room. Although I rarely watch TV in any of the hotels I stay in I am amazed that they have not all been replaced, especially with the price of LCD TV's these days (still a minor fault with many hotels)

We had opted for a 2 night stay with Dinner on the first night. We met our Aunt and Uncle at 1930hrs and had a drink in the bar first. We then moved through to the Dining area which was nicely spaced. We were sat in a booth and handed menu's. It was explained that there was an A la Carte menu (Starters and Mains) or the Carvery with salad etc. It was up to us if we mixed the two. I had crab cakes from A La Carte and then the Roast Pork from the Carvery. For a large chain hotel, the food could not have been faulted. We had a bottle of wine with the meal (reasonable at £14) and the service was excellent.

Considering the whole weekend cost us under £180 for two nights bed and breakfast (with Dinner on the first night) I really cannot complain. The staff are courteous and it is nice to see a well run hotel for a change. Once again Holday Inn maintain their high quality of service and accomodation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PANorwich, PA at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Thank you for your comments, it’s always great to hear such great feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us. On the note regarding TV’s, most hotels like ourselves are tied into long contracts with TV providers and our LCD TV’s arrive next year along with a greater selection of TV channels.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

I had the most enjoyable carvary meal in the hotels restaurant on Saturday night, there was excellent choices of meats, fish, pasta and even pies. While talking to the friendly chef who was carving i found out all the produce is sourced locally which really suprised me but is fantastic to hear. I can't understand the other reviews about the prices...... You get what you pay for.... if you like microwave meals go to the brewers fayre to save some money better still go to macdonalds..... but if you want proper cooked food eat here..... but i was asked on a number of occasions if everything was ok..... once ok but 3-4 times slightly annoying. All in all the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you making it feel more like a high street restaurant than a hotel restaurant.... will definatley go back

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PANorwich, PA at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Thank you for your feedback and your great comments.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Once again thank you for taking the time to upload your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

Myself and my husband stayed over at this hotel last Sunday, as we attended a Wedding. Their receptionist seem helpful, and even though we had trouble with our bathroom - we we're offered another room straight away. In fact the second room seemed better than the first. I love the choice in pillows for the bed. They labelled them as soft or firm, that made a massive difference to my sleep. Plus the size of the bed was massive. The bathroom was of a decent size also, with lovely large mirrors. The breakfast in the morning was satifactory for a buffet style brekkie. Thou I did have to wait some time for certain food plates to be replenised. The the lady in a suit frying eggs looked totally misrable, but maybe it the 5am start they work! The waitress was lovely. I did have my breakfast nearer the end of the breakfast time session. I find it very hard not to like any full english brekkies thou. :)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to this website. It was nice to read that your stay with us was a comfortable one and that you found the staff helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
bettyboop1987
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

stayed here for a night with my partner check in was easy as it always is for a holiday inn, room was clean spacious (alothough would like a larger size towel) didnt even risk eating in the restaurant as the prices look sky high and i knew there was a cheaper pub over the road (the oaks brewers fairs) you could east 2 meals for the prices they charge at the hotel.breakfast the next morning was same old same old nothing fantastic...wait ages to be seated wait ages for coffee and served cold food and plastic eggs and dont mention the hideious toaster!! wherever you go there is one of those where you either get a enemic bit of toast of charcol! all in all its just a average hotel

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PANorwich, PA at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2010
Thank you for your comments, it is always useful to gain feedback to allow us to keep improving. If you would like to contact the General Manager (Mr Devin Grosse) directly at the hotel he would like to discuss this further with you.

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

I booked in to the Hotel having not stayed at a Holiday Inn for a long time. Parking was easy and the hotel itself was easy to find. Staff were friendly and the conditions in the Hotel itself were clean and comfortable.

I was throughly unimpressed with the room however. I stayed in a non smoking room on the 1st floor. When I entered the room it smelled of cigarrettes. The main lights in the room did not work so I was reduced to using the ones over the bed. Having resigned myself to living with these inconviences I later decided to order room service after what had been a long journey. At this point I discovered that the Phones in my room did not work. I had to walk down to reception to order some food.
When I brought the above to the attention of staff at reception they apologised and offered reasons and excuses for the problems. Such as "perhaps the cleaners hit a switch on the lights when cleaning them" and "yes, we are aware there is a problem with the phone lines and it should be fixed this week". I would expect that after paying £135 for the room I would have been offered at least a partial refund rather than verbal justifications. Definately not somewhere I will be staying again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PANorwich, PA at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto this website, we do value all comments made.

It was very disappointing to read that we failed to provide our usual high standard of service during your stay with us, our General Manager (Devin Grosse) will be contacting shortly you to address these issues.
Thank you once again for your time.
cambridgeshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

Having spent a few days at this hotel last year and may I say in the luxury of a jacuzzi suite, which was unreal, decided to rebook an executive room thinking everything would be great again.
The room itself had a kingsized bed, nice decor and all was looking good till we opened the bathroom door, everything was clean but the bath was big enough for barbie and ken as opposed to anyone else. Obviously we went to reception and were taken to another room, again an executive room, but this one was worse for wear and tired as we were, plus it had another bucket for a bath. AGAIN we went to reception, where I must add the receptionist was very friendly and helpful and apoligetic in trying to sort the situation out.
Eventually we were given a jaccuzzi room, abeit the jacuzzi's do not work anymore, (we were told this prior),but the consolation was a normal sized bath and a decent shower cubicle. The room was very nice and even though the bathroom was better it too was tired and needed some replacement sanitary ware as the toilet cistern was cracked.
Its a shame, because even though I had booked into an executive room this time expecting it to be just as good for the money as the previous visit, it wasnt and basically I dont think I would stay at a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PANorwich, P.A. at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2010
Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments on Trip Advisor which we check regularly. We are committed to providing all our guests with a high level of service and comfort so we were disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your room during your stay. Unfortunately one of our Jacuzzi baths was not working during your visit but this is in the process of being repaired. The Hotel is aware that our rooms and bathrooms need updating and this is being addressed. We were particularly pleased to read that you found the Reception staff very friendly and helpful and we hope you will return to the hotel in the near future.