“Dinner in the Maids Head Restaurant”
Review of Maids Head Hotel

Maids Head Hotel
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 9 March 2013

There were 4 of us for Dinner for a birthday celebration. What a wonderful meal and the service was excetional. Well done to the Team. Everwhere was very clean. The wine was superb. We will definately be using the restaurant again in the future

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JonathanS001
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Dear JonathanS001,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback in regards to your recent meal with us in the winepress restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Second stay at the hotel alone and must say what a wonderful place this is. Staff are efficient and effective, made sure I was very happy. The Executive Double Room is stunning and comfortable to be in and very generous with the space to move around in. This hotel is a definitely a must have stay because of the location, the wonderful food and great full english breakfast. The portion of the breakfast was more than accomodating, half eaten but thoroughly enjoyed with fresh coffee.
My recommendations of this hotel is that you should take a opportunity to dine in the hotel, have a taster of some wine in the Wine Press with excellent bar staff especially a pleasant chap called Richard with great knowledge of wine and will let you sample a couple before deciding what you like to enjoy. I must add the atmosphere in the Wine Press is great because its vintage and oldy worldy also it has that happy buzz added to it. The WiFi is great for business work and a good connection.

Room Tip: Please visit booking.com for when booking this hotel to get value for money. The double executives...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Ultimateminx30,

Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear how our guests have enjoyed themselves.

It is especially pleasing when our staff get special praise and we will pass your comments on to Richard, I am sure he will be thrilled to read these comments.

One small thing however... Please book direct with the hotel in future as opposed to through booking.com where you will find even better offers.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Second stay at the Maid's Head and would definitly return again. Hotel is very central directly opposite the cathedral, yet still has a good sized car park. All the shops and resturants of Norwich are easily walkable, with several within five minutes walk. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful - requests for things like fresh milk were speedily met. Room on this occassion was at the top of the hotel - quirky with uneven floors but a huge twin room - and yet just £41 per person per night for bed and breakfast excellent value. Heating great and room really warm desipte it being a bitterly cold weekend. Internet (one code per computer but you can have as many as you want) worked very well. Buffet style breakfast very good, with items available to order if wished. If I could suggest one thing it would be to replace the plastic looking coal effect fire in the main lounge (which was never on) with a living flame gas fire or similar. Then, if there was a sofa next to it, I might never leave......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hersoton
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear hersoton,

Many thanks for your lovely review on your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us.

We are currently looking at our refurbishment plan and the lounge area is certainly towards the top end of our agenda so your suggestion will definitely be put forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is a really nice place to stay in Norwich, set in Tombland so easy to get to restaurants, train station, courts etc. We ate in Zizzi which was minutes away. The hotel is a period hotel and full of quirky features for example the restaurant was in what looked to be an old courtyard which has been made into part of the hotel (My only criticsm would be the waste waterpipes were a little noisy and off putting though) The staff at reception were really helpful and organised enough to have items such as tooth brushs for guests that forget these things! (at a reasonable cost). The breakfast was very nice. Plenty of parking spaces available, although the entrance to the car park was a little hidden away.

Room Tip: I have been told from a colleague that the single rooms are quite small
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jwillia

Dear jwillia,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that we have met our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

A charming period sytyle hotel with 1940s decor & appropriate furnishings, set in a very scenic part of Norwich.
A very comfortable bed in a large airy room. Breakfast was extremely pleasant in a fascinating covered courtyard. All of the staff were cheerful & helpful. I was even able to leave the car for a few hours after we checked out to explore the local area.
A local shopkeeper told me that the Maid's Head is haunted! I wish I'd known earlier, I could have gone on a one man ghost hunt!

Room Tip: Our room (218) looked out towards the cathederal. A lovely big room with lots of daylight.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony H
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Tony H,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that we have lived up to expectations.

I was just disappointed however that you did not have time to hunt our resident ghosts. Next time maybe?

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

I didn't stay at the maids head this time. But I had a luxury pedicure at the beauty rooms, attached to the side of the maids head. Louise, my therapist was lovely - calm and soothing but also really friendly. The treatment was divine, and unlike so many other pedicures I've had, my nails looked like perfection when she was done. I forgot my flip flops so asked to sit while my nails dried 100%, and she made me feel very welcome and offered me refreshments.
Next time I'm in Norwich I will definitely visit again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear acrb79,

Thank you very much for your review on the beauty rooms located at The Maids Hotel.

There has been a change of ownership/management of the beauty rooms recently and we have seen it go from strength to strength so it is great to hear guests feedback is mirroring that. We will pass your comments on to Danielle and Louise.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Lovely warm room on a cold weekend. Very central to the City and close to the Cathedral. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was buffet style with a good choice. There was a wedding reception there on the Saturday evening in the restaurant, but another room and a bar had been set aside for residents of the hotel. The bar area wasn't great but okay to have a quick drink

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay S

Dear Kay S,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on your recent stay with us.

It is always great to hear that our guests have had an enjoyable experience with us and we hope to see you back here soon.