“Clean & Comfortable”

Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
UK
“Clean & Comfortable”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Like the more recent reviewers, my stay was fine. Nice and clean room, with firm and comfortable bed, sparkling bathroom. Maybe my room was recently renovated? Staff friendly and helpful.
This isn't an exceptional hotel by any means, but my experience was of a decent hotel, just right for the price, much cleaner than several hotels I have stayed in recently. Based on this, would recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Our group stayed here for four days, the food was very good, the accommodation comfortable, and best of all the staff were truly pleasant and helpful. And the rates are good, too.

• Stayed September 2010
Newcastle
Reviewed 14 September 2010

just spent a lovely weekend at The George with the girls, we shared twin rooms which were great so I thought I would let the world know. Food in the hotel was fab ,we walked to the city and spent most of our time shopping at chapelfield which was fantastic and then hit the night clubs,got late taxi back slightly worse for wear. all good fun, shame there wasn't a swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
wolverhampton
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My partner and I don't like those horrible identical hotel chains so have stayed at the George hotel on the three occasions over the last couple of years. Each time we have had a lovely stay in this very comfortable and welcoming environment. The room has always been clean and pleasant and nicely furnished. The staff have always been some of the friendliest we have ever met in a hotel, they always seem to be happy to do anything they can to be helpful and attentive. They even remembered us from our previous visit 8 months prior, and treated us like old friends. And I can certainly strongly recommend the food, whether one is a guest or outside visitor. The food is clearly sourced from high quality suppliers and cooked by high quality chefs. The meat (the vennison and steak in particular) was among the best I've eaten in a hotel anywhere.
If you want a bustling, noisy hotel this isn't the place for you, but if you want a relaxed, cosy and homely stay, the George is definitely worth a visit.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
NOTTINGHAM
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Horrendous is the only way to describe the cleanliness.
My mattress was sagging in the middle so i thought i would turn it round. To my horror, as the sheet slipped the mattress was filthy, soiled with urine and other unrecognisable 'things'. I was offered another room which was in what looed like a converted garage , which was situated in the car park, which wasnt much better. i caomplained to best western, who didnt want to know, as best western is only a name, it doesnt own any hotels. STAY AT YOUR PERIL......

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Glos
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I also used Tesco vouchers & was given a small room at the end of a maze of corridors. The breakfast buffet was poor as nothing was filled up unless a special request was made, but croissants were like gold dust due to the cooking time!!!!
Walking down to breakfast the last day was awful as there were about 20 dead flies on the carpet. Must have been the cleaners day off!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here using our tesco vouchers and were not impressed with the quality of our room. We felt that we had been put in the VOUCHER Corridoor !!!!! . The room was in great need of refurbishment being very dated.
I don't usally complain but after being asked to fill in a questionaire on my return, i put down how it was.
I was told that the corridoor we were in was infact the next to be refurbished and were very apologetic.After a few emails from the customer service team i was offered a free nights bed and breakfast and a complimentry bottle of wine which i cheekily requested as a joke.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends