“One night stay”

Best Western Annesley House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very welcoming. Good big bedroom and very comfortable.
Dinner and breakfast both to very high standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a happy couple of nights at this hotel. The room I was in was comfortable and large enough, but the others in our party had a massive one! No squeezing a 3rd bed into a corner where it won't fit here.

I have only some very minor gripes. There was a quality brand of hand/body wash in the toilets by the bar, but what was supplied in the rooms was less good. Furthermore, it was attached to a bracket right by the shower head so that you had to lean through the shower in order to get any. I suspect whoever installed the bracket hadn't tried to take a shower and wash themselves with it!
The in-house catering at the function we went to was very good (I didn't need to eat much for days afterwards!) except that the apple crumble came with custard already poured over it, rather than the custard being in jugs on the table. We aren't in the nursery now! It's a very 'institutional' way to serve such a dish.
From the fact that this is all I can find to beef about, you can infer that I was in general very happy with my stay.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a nice bed and breakfast type of hotel. Everyone at the front desk was super nice and very helpful. The rooms are not huge but they never are in a B&B atmosphere. However, the accomodations were very nice. You do need to pay for breakfast but that is okay. You can walk to a few restaurants which is also nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs so if you have a lot of luggage opt for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We syated here on the ocasion of my wifes Aunts 90th and my wifes 60th combined. The staff couldnt have been more helpful! The party occupied the conservatory and was great. The food was superb and well organised. They didnt even mind a chocolate bomb! We stayed in a double room, with ensuite, all very standard, but comfortable - very comfortable bed. Great breakfasts and evening meals - not inexpensive though but very good.
Dont go if you're in a wheelchair as there isnt a disable WC - we had a real struggle with transferring my mother in law from her chair to WC.
Happy to stay again and recommend the Annesley to anyone - with one exception!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Just had one night stay as we were touring round,but could have stayed more we had a room in the coach house which was great, very modern warm and comfortable,the breakfast excellent and very good service, a most pleasant stay and highly recommended...........

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

All aspects of our stay were excellent - well appointed and warm room, excellent service, delicious food.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again when next in the area

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in Norwich for a business trip that would require me spending a long time during the day at the hotel; I was looking for somewhere comfortable and accomodating and I was not disappointed.

The location is stunning from the outside, as a collection of period buildings all maintained to a very high standard and beautifully presented. I was in the building to the left of the main hotel and this was excellent.

My room was decorated to a very high standard, with lovely boutique style touches that really made it feel special. The usual flat-screen TV, tea making etc. complemented by trouser press, dressing gown, free WIFI.

Breakfast was of the highest quality, beautifully cooked and well presented. I spent the remainder of the day working in the hotel lounge and was very well attended to throughout; a delicious lunch of prawn sandwiches, cafetiere and biscuits to die for. A 10 minute walk into Norwich city centre meant I could leave my car in the ample car park.

This was all good, but what made the stay great was the level of service given by Jill and her team. Nothing was too much trouble, everyone was friendly and happy to chat and talk. This made a real difference and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Norwich

Room Tip: No issues with the seperate building; in fact it may be quieter away from the kitchens etc
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business