“A Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Kent, England
“A Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the hotelk on a business trip last week. Impressions where good from the off! I mentioned on the phone that I needed to add a business collegue joint me for breakfast - no problem I was told. On checking in they had remembered - a small detail but these things make a difference. Check in was quick and friendly. The room felt like it was newly decorated - I later found out it was 2 years - could have fooled me - it was pristine! It was also very comfortable, with good quality bedding & towels.
I made one mistake - not eating there, the menu looked excellent!
Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality. Speaking to other guests they agreed with me - it's a great place to stay.
Check out was friendly and quick. That was it ...no...half an hour down the road i had a call from the hotel - I had left my glasses case there..as it was an old case I suggested they thre it away...Well a day or so later it was in my post! First class service - I shall return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed in the Coach House which provides the very newest accommodation in the hotell. Our room was really well appointed with a lovely shower room with both an overhead shower and traditional shower head to choose from. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and efficient. We had dinner on the first night in the conservatory restaurant which is all decked out in black and white and is vert tastefully done. You have a choice of fine dining, lighter bites all the way down to sandwiches and jacket potatoes which we are welcome to eat in the restaurant or the bar. Check out is not till 11am.
This is a great hotel and I will definately be going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a Saturday in February and we were more than pleased with the accommodation, we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel was very comfortable the bedrooms were lovely and well decorated and very clean.
We stayed right at the top of the hotel so it ment we had a narrow stairway to our room which was not ideal when you have had a few to drink , luckily my husband was there to push me up the stairs. It was a short walk into the centre all in all i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Derbyshire, ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very welcoming. Good big bedroom and very comfortable.
Dinner and breakfast both to very high standard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Bath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a happy couple of nights at this hotel. The room I was in was comfortable and large enough, but the others in our party had a massive one! No squeezing a 3rd bed into a corner where it won't fit here.

I have only some very minor gripes. There was a quality brand of hand/body wash in the toilets by the bar, but what was supplied in the rooms was less good. Furthermore, it was attached to a bracket right by the shower head so that you had to lean through the shower in order to get any. I suspect whoever installed the bracket hadn't tried to take a shower and wash themselves with it!
The in-house catering at the function we went to was very good (I didn't need to eat much for days afterwards!) except that the apple crumble came with custard already poured over it, rather than the custard being in jugs on the table. We aren't in the nursery now! It's a very 'institutional' way to serve such a dish.
From the fact that this is all I can find to beef about, you can infer that I was in general very happy with my stay.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a nice bed and breakfast type of hotel. Everyone at the front desk was super nice and very helpful. The rooms are not huge but they never are in a B&B atmosphere. However, the accomodations were very nice. You do need to pay for breakfast but that is okay. You can walk to a few restaurants which is also nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs so if you have a lot of luggage opt for a lower floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We syated here on the ocasion of my wifes Aunts 90th and my wifes 60th combined. The staff couldnt have been more helpful! The party occupied the conservatory and was great. The food was superb and well organised. They didnt even mind a chocolate bomb! We stayed in a double room, with ensuite, all very standard, but comfortable - very comfortable bed. Great breakfasts and evening meals - not inexpensive though but very good.
Dont go if you're in a wheelchair as there isnt a disable WC - we had a real struggle with transferring my mother in law from her chair to WC.
Happy to stay again and recommend the Annesley to anyone - with one exception!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family