“Excellent Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Longfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have just spent three nights in this excellent hotel within ten minutes walk of the the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, comfortable and appeared to be recently decorated to a tasteful design. Food was superb so much so we dined every evening. Nice bar with Adnams cask bitter and a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the back of the adjacent house. Very quiet and comfortable. Th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
uk
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed in the separate coach house rooms. The room itself was modern and clean. Unfortunately we were on the ground floor so could hear every footstep above us when someone walked about. If I stayed again I would definitely stay on a room above.
Breakfast was ok, but at £10 each per day I expected more in terms of what it offered, and if you wanted fish that was on top of the £10 - I thought that was poor value. The room price wasn't cheap to begin with.
We also had a couple of drinks at the bar which were also overpriced.
Service was good. Computer in reception to connect to internet was poor.
Location was very closer to city, and good car parking.

Kent, England
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the hotelk on a business trip last week. Impressions where good from the off! I mentioned on the phone that I needed to add a business collegue joint me for breakfast - no problem I was told. On checking in they had remembered - a small detail but these things make a difference. Check in was quick and friendly. The room felt like it was newly decorated - I later found out it was 2 years - could have fooled me - it was pristine! It was also very comfortable, with good quality bedding & towels.
I made one mistake - not eating there, the menu looked excellent!
Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality. Speaking to other guests they agreed with me - it's a great place to stay.
Check out was friendly and quick. That was it ...no...half an hour down the road i had a call from the hotel - I had left my glasses case there..as it was an old case I suggested they thre it away...Well a day or so later it was in my post! First class service - I shall return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed in the Coach House which provides the very newest accommodation in the hotell. Our room was really well appointed with a lovely shower room with both an overhead shower and traditional shower head to choose from. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and efficient. We had dinner on the first night in the conservatory restaurant which is all decked out in black and white and is vert tastefully done. You have a choice of fine dining, lighter bites all the way down to sandwiches and jacket potatoes which we are welcome to eat in the restaurant or the bar. Check out is not till 11am.
This is a great hotel and I will definately be going back.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a Saturday in February and we were more than pleased with the accommodation, we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel was very comfortable the bedrooms were lovely and well decorated and very clean.
We stayed right at the top of the hotel so it ment we had a narrow stairway to our room which was not ideal when you have had a few to drink , luckily my husband was there to push me up the stairs. It was a short walk into the centre all in all i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Derbyshire, ENGLAND
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very welcoming. Good big bedroom and very comfortable.
Dinner and breakfast both to very high standard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Bath
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a happy couple of nights at this hotel. The room I was in was comfortable and large enough, but the others in our party had a massive one! No squeezing a 3rd bed into a corner where it won't fit here.

I have only some very minor gripes. There was a quality brand of hand/body wash in the toilets by the bar, but what was supplied in the rooms was less good. Furthermore, it was attached to a bracket right by the shower head so that you had to lean through the shower in order to get any. I suspect whoever installed the bracket hadn't tried to take a shower and wash themselves with it!
The in-house catering at the function we went to was very good (I didn't need to eat much for days afterwards!) except that the apple crumble came with custard already poured over it, rather than the custard being in jugs on the table. We aren't in the nursery now! It's a very 'institutional' way to serve such a dish.
From the fact that this is all I can find to beef about, you can infer that I was in general very happy with my stay.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family