“Lovely hotel”

Best Western Annesley House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel was really a pleasure to stay at. Lovely helpful staff, nice food, very clean and comfortable bedrooms with fully opening windows and self regulated heating. Excellent! My room was a bit on the small side as I had a single, but it was very thoughtfully appointed. The bed, although single, which I don't really like much, was super comfortable. What a surprise after all the hard slabs that most hotels provide these days. I would rate this hotel highly for its comfortable public areas, rooms, and friendly staff. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have just spent three nights in this excellent hotel within ten minutes walk of the the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, comfortable and appeared to be recently decorated to a tasteful design. Food was superb so much so we dined every evening. Nice bar with Adnams cask bitter and a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the back of the adjacent house. Very quiet and comfortable. Th...
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed in the separate coach house rooms. The room itself was modern and clean. Unfortunately we were on the ground floor so could hear every footstep above us when someone walked about. If I stayed again I would definitely stay on a room above.
Breakfast was ok, but at £10 each per day I expected more in terms of what it offered, and if you wanted fish that was on top of the £10 - I thought that was poor value. The room price wasn't cheap to begin with.
We also had a couple of drinks at the bar which were also overpriced.
Service was good. Computer in reception to connect to internet was poor.
Location was very closer to city, and good car parking.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the hotelk on a business trip last week. Impressions where good from the off! I mentioned on the phone that I needed to add a business collegue joint me for breakfast - no problem I was told. On checking in they had remembered - a small detail but these things make a difference. Check in was quick and friendly. The room felt like it was newly decorated - I later found out it was 2 years - could have fooled me - it was pristine! It was also very comfortable, with good quality bedding & towels.
I made one mistake - not eating there, the menu looked excellent!
Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality. Speaking to other guests they agreed with me - it's a great place to stay.
Check out was friendly and quick. That was it ...no...half an hour down the road i had a call from the hotel - I had left my glasses case there..as it was an old case I suggested they thre it away...Well a day or so later it was in my post! First class service - I shall return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed in the Coach House which provides the very newest accommodation in the hotell. Our room was really well appointed with a lovely shower room with both an overhead shower and traditional shower head to choose from. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and efficient. We had dinner on the first night in the conservatory restaurant which is all decked out in black and white and is vert tastefully done. You have a choice of fine dining, lighter bites all the way down to sandwiches and jacket potatoes which we are welcome to eat in the restaurant or the bar. Check out is not till 11am.
This is a great hotel and I will definately be going back.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a Saturday in February and we were more than pleased with the accommodation, we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel was very comfortable the bedrooms were lovely and well decorated and very clean.
We stayed right at the top of the hotel so it ment we had a narrow stairway to our room which was not ideal when you have had a few to drink , luckily my husband was there to push me up the stairs. It was a short walk into the centre all in all i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very welcoming. Good big bedroom and very comfortable.
Dinner and breakfast both to very high standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family