Best Western Annesley House Hotel
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscoach housegarden housecity centreconservatory restaurantnewmarket roadsingle roomseparate buildinglovely hotelthe main hotelmain roadtrouser pressjacuzzi bathwater pressurewithin easy walking distancethe ground floorcomfortable bedample parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2012

After staying here for one night, I am struggling to find any faults with the hotel.
The room I stayed in was huge, comfortable bed, big TV with a DVD player, great bathroom. All in all I cannot complain about the room one bit.
The hotel itself clearly takes great pride in it's appearance and this is shown by not only being nicely decorated but also the staff being wonderful.
I must have spoken to 4/5 members of staff during my stay and they were all fantastic. Friendly, attentive and always on hand to help. Other hotels would do well employing staff like this hotel.
If you are looking to eat in the hotel there are two menu's. The fine dining menu is fairly pricey but the food did look very nice. I opted for the normal menu and got 3 courses and a drink for £22. The food was really good and this continued through to breakfast which was also of a high standard.
If you require WiFi, it is free in the hotel and I found it to be quick and efficient.

All in all, a fantastic hotel that I really can't fault. A really great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2012

It's a shame all hotels can't be like the Annesley. Another Georgian residence, which has been tastefully modernised and upgraded. The bedroom was elegantly furnished and modern pictures adorned the walls, and a bright vase the marble fireplace. Likewise the bathroom was modern, warm and comfortable and equipped with a decent shower! Thank you!!

Breakfast in the conservatory restaurant was one of the best in recent times; we didn't have to ask for a pot of hot water as the teapot was hugh, likewise plenty of great toast. And, to cap in all, the smoked haddock was fresh and sublime! (no more dyed fish, only the real McCoy, now)

There is also a comfortable lounge to relax in and enjoy before or after dinner.

The Annesley continues to impress and it's a real joy to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 and 11
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed for one night here with my family. The service was faultless and nothing was too much trouble.The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. We were lucky enough to have good weather and be able to sit out in the beautiful courtyard/garden area which was very well maintained. Dinner and breakfast was served in large tastefully decorated conservatory and the food was of a very high standard. Great bar and lounge facilities and all staff took great pride in their work. The Hotel is in a perfect location, within easy walking distance of Norwich City Centre and a short driving distance to ring roads to Great Yarmouth, Broads etc. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spent one Saturday night here with my husband. The room was fabulous; very big with a massive bed which was very comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant, which I found to be quite average, but very overpriced. The waiter was very nice and obviously took a lot of pride in his work. All the decor around the hotel is lovely, someone has obviously spent alot of time and money making it look beautiful. Everywhere is very clean. I found the bedroom to be stiflingly hot overnight. Far too hot to sleep comfortably - I was awake most of the night! I would have loved to have snuggled up in that wonderful, big bed, but couldn't, I had to sleep on the top with no covers! You couldn't open the windows because they were big and as we were on the ground floor, facing the road and this would have been a bit risky! There was lots of noise outside the room early in the morning - I think there was a cleaners cupboard nearby and they were in and out on creaky floor boards, which was quite annoying. The breakfast was OK, but again, very overpriced. If it hadn't been included in our room rate, I wouldn't have had it! All in all, though, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willowkyliecat
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights on a weekend break. The room we were allocated was in a separate building, but that didn't matter to me. We had been upgraded to a 'spa bath' room, which was lovely. Although the room was slightly dark, it was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The free wi-fi signal worked well. We did not eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. It's an easy half mile walk into town, and a taxi back from the town centre cost us just over £5 (which was well worth it, what with the blisters and the torrential rain!!!)

Stayed: April 2012